Roboform No Lite Final Solution?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

searchlight54

Roboform No Lite Final Solution?

Unread post by searchlight54 » 2013-01-22, 19:17

I tried installing the Roboform Toolbar into PM 15.4 as Pauli described in an earlier posting to create an xpi file from the Firefox folder in Roboform program file.

I too keep receiving the message that the renamed zip to xpi file cannot be installed because it appears to be corrupt, and I used 7Zip.

A solution was never offered for this problem.

Has anyone been successful and have a workaround?

searchlight54

Re: Roboform No Lite Final Solution?

Unread post by searchlight54 » 2013-01-22, 20:32

Fyi I found the solution after I made this posting, and it works perfectly in PM 15.4.

LIke Pauli stated in the previous posting, you find the Firefox folder in the Roboform program folder but what I did instead was use a Firefox extension called Developer Assistant which I installed in PM. I used the module called Extension Builder and voila, a perfect XPI that loads into PM and creates the Roboform Toolbar like FF 18.01.

To be more specific, I copied the FF folder from Roboform into a separate folder and used that copy to work with Extension Builder. You tell EB what folder to work with, and then when you press Build XPI, it used 7Zip to create the xpi. Make sure you have 7Zip installed on your PC. Extension Builder was able to work with 7Zip.

Hope this helps:).
Extension Builder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trishah

Unread post by Trishah » 2013-09-15, 22:02

After the most recent RoboForm update Version 7.9.1, it no longer showed the dropdown menu of cards for websites. All the cards are there, but the dropdown does not work. So I downgraded RoboForm and the older version Version 7.9.0 and the dropdown worked again.

Today I updated to PaleMoon 24.0 and now I can't get either RoboForm to attach to PaleMoon.

I installed 7Zip and Developer Assistant and tried as you suggest but when I hit create extension nothing happens :( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I've made RoboForm support aware of this problem and they have escalated the ticket to level 2.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-09-16, 11:00

You should probably wait for RoboForm's solution.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Trishah

Unread post by Trishah » 2013-09-21, 02:44

I was able to get RoboForm attached.

NOTE: BEFORE you do the the below instructions BACKUP EVERYTHING. (Thankfully I do daily backups of my system so I was able to recover from just blindly following the instructions.) After the reset it's just like a brand new install of PaleMoon and you will have to import your old bookmarks, sessions, etc. to get back to your current setup.

Here were the instructions from RoboForm that worked. The tech wrote:

Actually RoboForm 7.9.1.1 can attach to PaleMoon 24 without a problem.
If it does not attach automatically by some reason, please click RoboForm > Show Toolbar
or find the corresponding item under RoboForm > Browsers and click it that should help.
You have to have RoboForm > Options > Browser Integration > 'Attach RoboForm to FireFox
even if adapter is not installed' checked and RoboForm taskbar icon utility running to let it work.

Hope this helps someone else.

Trishah

jmillet

Unread post by jmillet » 2013-10-11, 16:05

With 7.9.2.5, Roboform now supports Palemoon. It still does not always attach, but you can manually attach it now. :)