Was there a Firefox addon for always inserting password? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Was there a Firefox addon for always inserting password?

Unread post by paulri » 2018-05-16, 03:45

Back in the days of FF 20-30, I seem to remember a few versions of Firefox that didn't always insert the password, and my memory may be hazy, but I'm thinking that there was some type of autofill/override addon that forced the browser to ignore any website commands that prevented the password from being inserted--so with this addon, the username and password would always show up.

Using Pale Moon, I see that the usual behavior for inserting usernames and passwords is that I have to click inside the username field; the username then appears in a list below that field, and I then click on that username, which then inserts the username and the password in their respective fields.

Does anyone here remember an old Firefox addon that would make sure that this was inserted automatically--or am I just remembering things? :D
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Was there a Firefox addon for always inserting password?

Unread post by doofy » 2018-05-16, 04:08

Prefs / Security / Automatically fill in...

Is that ticked?

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-05-16, 05:16

It is now. I can't believe I missed that. Maybe its been a long time since I've had to check that with Firefox, or???

Anyways, I checked it, logged out of PM forum, then clicked a login link and sure enough it was already there. Same thing with another email site I log into.
doofy wrote:Prefs / Security / Automatically fill in...

Is that ticked?
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-05-16, 09:07

It's a fairly recent addition, brought on by some security concerns. Check the release notes for 27.7.0.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-05-16, 12:51

Well that explains it.

I'm glad that that was made an over-ridable option.

I remember a time when Firefox required me to do that, and I didn't like that setup.
Paul