How to uninstall ad-blockers?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

STEIG

How to uninstall ad-blockers?

Unread post by STEIG » 2018-04-23, 10:59

I don't really consider this a technical question. I posted it once a second ago and was required to log-in again and lost it... this has happened to me a lot in the last 3 attempts to participate/get help. And it just happened AGAIN (but I clip boarded the note just in case this time) and then again!

How do you UNINSTALL ad-ons/extensions from Pale Moon?

I tried every ad-blocker in an attempt to stop the trackers. It was a failure. I inadvertently installed (2) AB products ta the same time, so now I am seeing a "Welcome to AB Prime" screen every time my S.E. loads. Yick.

The only way I could get this post to go, was to allow Pale Moon to "remember me' on the Log In Screen.

What is going on??

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: How to uninstall ad-blockers?

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-04-23, 11:16

STEIG wrote:How do you UNINSTALL ad-ons/extensions from Pale Moon?

Open the Add-ons Manager (navigate to about:addons; or use keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+A)

Click the Remove button to the right of the extension you want to uninstall.

Example:
uninstall-ext.png

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-04-23, 13:29

STEIG wrote:I don't really consider this a technical question. I posted it once a second ago and was required to log-in again and lost it... this has happened to me a lot in the last 3 attempts to participate/get help. And it just happened AGAIN (but I clip boarded the note just in case this time) and then again!
Off-topic:
The reason your posts didn't show up is because when someone registers to become a member on the Forum site, their first "3" posts have to be approved by someone before those posts can be publicly seen and that someone is usually Moonchild. This keeps the spammers off this site.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-23, 16:25

Off-topic:
That "someone" can be any of our moderators. in fact, since some people have proven themselves to not be able to remain moderator, either by lack of presence or lack of restraint, we could use one or two more people to moderate the forum, so I don't have to personally do these things next to everything else.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-04-23, 16:54

Off-topic:
Moonchild wrote:
in fact, since some people have proven themselves to not be able to remain moderator, either by lack of presence or lack of restraint, we could use one or two more people to moderate the forum, ...
How much presence is necessary to become a mod? I'm just asking for informational purposes only, I wouldn't have the time myself.