Address bar green go arrow

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ZachTrainor

Address bar green go arrow

Unread post by ZachTrainor » 2018-04-03, 12:54

Sure wish that Pale Moon had an option to have the green go arrow on the address bar or something similar.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Address bar green go arrow

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-04-03, 22:42

I have it. Not sure why you don't. Are you using any theme?
Untitled.jpg

mr tribute
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mr tribute » 2018-04-04, 13:00

Pale Moon 27.8.3 Linux (default theme)

I only see the green arrow when address bar is empty (new tab). It exists inside the address bar (not like helloimustbegoing's picture). Strange, must be a setting somewhere. :?:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-04, 13:17

Why does it have to be there when you aren't entering a URL? Some themes have it this way some themes have it showing all the time because it USED to.. That was pre-Firefox 4..

mr tribute
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mr tribute » 2018-04-04, 14:49

helloimustbegoing wrote:I have it. Not sure why you don't. Are you using any theme?

Untitled.jpg
Hey, you are using a Pale Moon theme aren't you (not default)? That explains why your image looks different from what I see.

Edit: At first I thought it was your GTK 2 theme, but GTK 2 themes usually don't shuffle things around so you fooled me... :shifty:
Last edited by mr tribute on 2018-04-04, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-04-04, 18:28

Why do you need a Go button? After you type or paste an address into the bar, why not move a finger over and press Return?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-04-04, 21:58

mr tribute wrote:
Hey, you are using a Pale Moon theme aren't you (not default)?
Yeah, I'm using Fox 2 The Moon. I didn't realize it was the theme keeping the green arrow there all the time.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-05, 01:14

mr tribute wrote:Pale Moon 27.8.3 Linux (default theme)

I only see the green arrow when address bar is empty (new tab). It exists inside the address bar (not like helloimustbegoing's picture). Strange, must be a setting somewhere. :?:
That's interesting, I only get the arrow (not green however) if the address bar is not empty (a website address has been entered) on a new tab and like yours is inside the address bar (Pale Moon 27.8.3 Windows 7 - using Dark theme).
If I enter a website address I then get the arrow.png
It all depends upon the theme used among other things....
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-04-05, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

ZachTrainor

Unread post by ZachTrainor » 2018-04-06, 01:01

Goodydino wrote:Why do you need a Go button? After you type or paste an address into the bar, why not move a finger over and press Return?
Good question. If I just got off work and want to relax, I lean back in my swivel chair and surf a while, don't even need to sit back up to press the keyboard, except that there's no go arrow. ha.

About themes, I like the simplicity of the Camimoon theme with large icons, but no go arrow.

Thank you very much for replying, great to ask a question and get responses.