Address bar green go arrow

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ZachTrainor

Address bar green go arrow

Unread post by ZachTrainor » 2018-04-03, 12:54

Sure wish that Pale Moon had an option to have the green go arrow on the address bar or something similar.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Address bar green go arrow

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-04-03, 22:42

I have it. Not sure why you don't. Are you using any theme?
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mr tribute
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mr tribute » 2018-04-04, 13:00

Pale Moon 27.8.3 Linux (default theme)

I only see the green arrow when address bar is empty (new tab). It exists inside the address bar (not like helloimustbegoing's picture). Strange, must be a setting somewhere. :?:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-04, 13:17

Why does it have to be there when you aren't entering a URL? Some themes have it this way some themes have it showing all the time because it USED to.. That was pre-Firefox 4..

mr tribute
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mr tribute » 2018-04-04, 14:49

helloimustbegoing wrote:I have it. Not sure why you don't. Are you using any theme?

Untitled.jpg
Hey, you are using a Pale Moon theme aren't you (not default)? That explains why your image looks different from what I see.

Edit: At first I thought it was your GTK 2 theme, but GTK 2 themes usually don't shuffle things around so you fooled me... :shifty:
Last edited by mr tribute on 2018-04-04, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-04-04, 18:28

Why do you need a Go button? After you type or paste an address into the bar, why not move a finger over and press Return?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-04-04, 21:58

mr tribute wrote:
Hey, you are using a Pale Moon theme aren't you (not default)?
Yeah, I'm using Fox 2 The Moon. I didn't realize it was the theme keeping the green arrow there all the time.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-05, 01:14

mr tribute wrote:Pale Moon 27.8.3 Linux (default theme)

I only see the green arrow when address bar is empty (new tab). It exists inside the address bar (not like helloimustbegoing's picture). Strange, must be a setting somewhere. :?:
That's interesting, I only get the arrow (not green however) if the address bar is not empty (a website address has been entered) on a new tab and like yours is inside the address bar (Pale Moon 27.8.3 Windows 7 - using Dark theme).
If I enter a website address I then get the arrow.png
It all depends upon the theme used among other things....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-04-05, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

ZachTrainor

Unread post by ZachTrainor » 2018-04-06, 01:01

Goodydino wrote:Why do you need a Go button? After you type or paste an address into the bar, why not move a finger over and press Return?
Good question. If I just got off work and want to relax, I lean back in my swivel chair and surf a while, don't even need to sit back up to press the keyboard, except that there's no go arrow. ha.

About themes, I like the simplicity of the Camimoon theme with large icons, but no go arrow.

Thank you very much for replying, great to ask a question and get responses.