greasemonkey & facebook purity

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

emninger

greasemonkey & facebook purity

Unread post by emninger » 2018-04-03, 05:45

I'm used to use facebook purity, but the newer versions seem incompatible with palemoon. So i used the option to install the corresponding greasemonkey script. That seems to work fine

Now my question: Is greasemonkey safe or does it open a risky backdoor into palemoon? (I vaguely remember discussions about that in the past - but i didn't follow, since i had no use for greasemonkey anyway ...).

Thanks a lot for any pointer!

pakurilecz

Re: greasemonkey & facebook purity

Unread post by pakurilecz » 2018-04-05, 20:16

what version of greasemonkey are you running? I had ver 3.8 on my laptop my pc has ver 3.9. uninstalled ver 3.8 only to find out that the current version of greasemonkey can't be installed on Palemoon. says I need to upgrade to FF ver 5x and says i'm running FF27 or whatever.

would the folks at Palemoon reach out to FB Purity to make it available on Palemoon???

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-04-06, 09:26

This is the version of Greasemonkey to install on Pale Moon, currently 3.31: https://github.com/janekptacijarabaci/g ... y/releases

If you are using a different one (the official one, for example), uninstall it first. About FBP, the script/Greasemonkey version works fine - latest FBP version included. I don't think contacting the FBP author for a Pale Moon specific extension will do any good, probably the contrary.

You should also check here for Pale Moon extensions: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-04-06, 09:30, edited 3 times in total.

pakurilecz

Unread post by pakurilecz » 2018-04-11, 16:59

thanks for the information. unfortunately when I follow the link I see nothing about downloading the latest greasemonkey version. the same when I follow the link on the extensions page. I'm not the greatest technowizard by any means, but the download is not intuitive.

if there is something i'm missing please let me know as I need to update two computers with this extension

thanks

pak

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by eskaton » 2018-04-11, 17:02

click on the link/text that says: greasemonkey-3.31-pm_forkBranch.xpi

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-04-11, 17:34

What eskaton023 said, and remember to uninstall your previous Greasemonkey version and restart Pale Moon, before installing the new one.

pakurilecz

Unread post by pakurilecz » 2018-04-24, 23:16

thank you both for your help. downloaded installed and working