Adblock Latitude [Releases]

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

context
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Adblock Latitude [Releases]

Unread post by context » 2019-12-02, 02:54

No other changes were made
Today I noticed what appear to be changes in ABL 5.0.2 ... although I admit I haven't viewed blocking details in several weeks.

A column for "hits" has replaced the "date the rule was established" that was previously displayed when I opened my custom filters.

If I uncheck "Count hits" on the extension's Option panel, blocking rules are no longer applied (i.e., not any custom rule for any site). When it is rechecked, they are applied, again. But the dates are nowhere to be found.

I've been using Filter preferences and ABL for years and this seems to be new this year. Do I have something set up wrong? (Those dates are very useful to me. Are they still saved somewhere?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-18, 23:32

Adblock Latitude was updated to 5.0.3 (a few days ago, sorry for the late announcement)

This should fix an issue with ABL's icon disappearing upon browser restart if the icon was placed adjacent to a spacer, flexible space or separator.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

christian
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by christian » 2019-12-24, 14:19

Moonchild wrote:
2019-12-18, 23:32
Adblock Latitude was updated to 5.0.3 (a few days ago, sorry for the late announcement)

This should fix an issue with ABL's icon disappearing upon browser restart if the icon was placed adjacent to a spacer, flexible space or separator.
Thank you!, i was going crazy with the icon dissapearing every restart!. :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-20, 19:29

Adblock Latitude was updated to 5.0.5!

This lands the change that was backed out in 5.0.4 again, hopefully fixed this time :)
This fixes an issue where the button position for ABL wouldn't be kept if placed directly before special elements (space, flexible space, separator).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-28, 18:21

Adblock Latitude was updated to 5.0.6!

This should fix the issue where image blocking options in the context menu would sometimes not display.

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2020-05-09, 05:10

What are the differences, if any, between Adblock Latitude and uBlock Origin? I already have uBlock (currently disabled). Am I gaining anything by switching to Latitude?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-05-09, 10:03

They are entirely different extensions using different techniques to block ads. You can't compare apples and oranges.
What you'll be gaining is entirely up to you. It may be nothing or it may be significant, depending on your browsing habits, sites visited, how often you need to tinker with custom rules, etc.

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2020-05-09, 10:47

Thanks, in this case I'll keep everything as is.