Adblock Latitude [Releases]

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Adblock Latitude [Releases]

Unread postby Moonchild » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 12:35

Since Tobin is fully dedicated to ABPrime, I've taken it upon myself to update Adblock Latitude for the future.

As such we now have Adblock Latitude 5.0.0!

This is a major rewrite from 4.*, adopts many fixes from later ABP versions pre-WE, and:
  • Added compatibility with Basilisk/UXP
  • Dropped compatibility with Pale Moon < 27
  • Changed the default selection of subscriptions
  • Dropped reliance on adblockplus published resources

If there are any confirmed bugs with this version, I'd like to hear about it. I've done thorough daily testing for a week or so but very well possible I've missed something.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Take note: 23 November is Wolfenoot! Eat roast meat and/or cake decorated like the full moon. #wolfenoot

fatboy
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Adblock Latitude [Releases]

Unread postby fatboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 19:08

Great! Thanks Moonchild! I love this add-on.
Do you prefer ABprime over this one?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 11:03

fatboy wrote:Do you prefer ABprime over this one?

No, I don't. I prefer ABL because the startup delay of ABPrime for me is breaking. But that's why everyone has a choice :)
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Take note: 23 November is Wolfenoot! Eat roast meat and/or cake decorated like the full moon. #wolfenoot

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 11:04

Adblock Latitude has been updated to 5.0.1 (a little while back, but I forgot to make a post).

It fixes the issue of still having a leftover "contribute" button in the menu that led to the Adblock Plus support page.

Kerebron
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread postby Kerebron » Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 15:04

Why did Open blockable items shortcut change from Ctrl+Shift+V to Ctrl+Shift+U?

It hurts my wrist! :P

fatboy
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby fatboy » Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 16:21

Moonchild wrote:Adblock Latitude has been updated to 5.0.1 (a little while back, but I forgot to make a post).

It fixes the issue of still having a leftover "contribute" button in the menu that led to the Adblock Plus support page.

Ah great! Thanks for the reply Moonchild! :)

Cara Palida
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread postby Cara Palida » Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 03:42

I updated to 5.01 and noticed ads on imgur eg. https://imgur.com/gallery/s4szEQA.
while using 5.01 sometimes the ads have scroll bars (which is why I noticed them). if adblock is disabled the ads don't have scroll bars.

Reinstalled 4.01 and the ads are gone. so I've gone back to using 4.01

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 04:48

I don't see any ads on that imgur link using ABL 5.0.1 - you may want to check your filter subscriptions.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby Night Wing » Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 09:28

I don't see any ads either on that link with Adblock Latitude (5.0.1) using the default settings (Easylist) for ABL.

And I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.9.4 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19 (Tara) Xfce.
Linux Mint 19 (Tara) Xfce 64 Bit (Default OS) with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32 Bit windows Pale Moon

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby rabnbeinn » Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 13:41

No ads for me either. Easylist and others doing their job nicely.

Cara Palida
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread postby Cara Palida » Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 18:43

I had Allow nonintrusive advertising on. Turning it off solved the problem but they are the same ads, definitely not nonintrusive, and why does it only occur on imgur and why is ABL 4.01 unaffected?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 20:05

Cara Palida wrote:I had Allow nonintrusive advertising on. Turning it off solved the problem but they are the same ads, definitely not nonintrusive, and why does it only occur on imgur and why is ABL 4.01 unaffected?

There is no such things as "allow nonintrusive advertising" in ABL -- Are you sure you don't have Adblock Plus installed?

As an aside, if you are having issue with ABL -- PLEASE make a separate thread -- this topic is for release announcements, not for tech support with it.
Last edited by Moonchild on Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Cara Palida
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread postby Cara Palida » Wed, 15 Aug 2018, 01:57

When I first started using Pale Moon I was using Adblock Plus with it. That was a long time ago. Then I found out about Adblock Latitude and have been using that successfully ever since.
So I have an option left over from Adblock Plus, and I'm guessing earlier versions of Adblock Latitude took this situation into account and dealt with it, whereas version 5 does not.

I was just trying to report a problem with Adblock Latitude 5 and this seemed like the place to do it. I'll make a new thread next time. :oops:

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby New Tobin Paradigm » Wed, 15 Aug 2018, 02:17

If you delete that "Allow non-intrusive advertising" it shouldn't return. AFAIK if that was retained from old Adblock Plus, ABL just sees it as any other filter subscription list not giving it any special treatment like ABP does.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on Wed, 15 Aug 2018, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Wed, 15 Aug 2018, 08:13

Tobin is correct -- that entry is just a filter list with exception rules that are left over from your ABP use. Just remove that list.

pmjack
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread postby pmjack » Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 21:28

ABP has incorporated new filtering features since they moved on to webextension platform such as:

Code: Select all

$csp,$elemhide, $rewrite

Will ABL be updated to add these features?
Last edited by pmjack on Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 21:29, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Browser extensions”