Tree Style Tabs Obscure Add-Ons Mgr Toolbar

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

tbfh777

Tree Style Tabs Obscure Add-Ons Mgr Toolbar

Unread post by tbfh777 » 2018-03-29, 01:06

Really impressed with PaleMoon. Don't know if others agree, but I don't see how anyone who works with a dozen or more tabs open at a time can do it without vertical tabs, and Tree Style Tabs has been an invaluable add-on for me for years. The problem: when I go into the add-ons manager, some key toolbar options are obscured by the vertical margin I use for the tabs (on the right) (like load extension from a file, for example). Just speculating here, but seems like if one add-on has carved out some screen real-estate on the right side vertically, the add-ons manager window ought to know about it and resize itself accordingly. Don't know whether TSTabs was supposed to take care of this, or if its a problem with the add-ons manager, but, if its an easy fix for somebody, it would sure help.

Have had pretty good luck getting legacy Firefox .xpi extensions to load using the PaleMoon Tester Add-on (mostly just tab-related so far), but it certainly speaks well of this fork. Also really impressed with the well-organized documentation categorizing legacy add-ons as far as what to expect.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Tree Style Tabs Obscure Add-Ons Mgr Toolbar

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-07-04, 04:37

It looks like nobody got back to you—Sorry about that!

If TST causes a problem, it's not really a problem with the add-ons manager, because it's the job of add-ons to be compatible with the application, not the other way around. I don't use TST (but I do use Tab Groups), and I haven't seen the problem, so it might be an easy fix or it might not.

I'm glad you like Pale Moon, though! I do too. :D