both pasteemails not work

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

extra_D_string
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

both pasteemails not work

Unread post by extra_D_string » 2018-03-08, 11:05

Both the original and the "plus" did not work.

The "original" allowed me to create an item, but then once saved, I found no way to put it into any field.

The Paste Email Plus did not let me create and to not save any entry; but just gave an error message from the task tray. No choices I made allowed anything to get made in the extension, so no good.

What are the right ways to make these extensions work? No icon at top or bottom of the browser. No right-click menu item.

System here:
Windows Vista sp 2
Norton Security v22.12.1.15
Browsers: Opera, Vivaldi, Pale Moon

As one example of text I wish to have used in Paste Emai Plus extension, would be the above shown system information.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: both pasteemails not work

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-03-08, 11:07

Please use the support page linked to on this add-on's listing to get help for this:

http://www.customsoftwareconsult.com/forum/index.php

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2018-03-08, 19:49

While not the best solution, one workaround that works is to use Moon Tester Tool to install Paste Email Plus Version 6.2.
I just tested that way and have both Icon in status bar, and another in the Customize options, as well as right click context menu option.
All worked during the quick tests I did (normally if I was doing this for myself I'd follow up by seeing what steps I had to take to make the ext compatible {i.e. use[d] the Tester Tool as a test to see if it can be corrected}).
Last edited by kelendral on 2018-03-08, 19:59, edited 2 times in total.

extra_D_string
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by extra_D_string » 2018-03-09, 06:21

kelendral wrote:While not the best solution, one workaround that works is to use Moon Tester Tool to install Paste Email Plus Version 6.2.
I just tested that way and have both Icon in status bar, and another in the Customize options, as well as right click context menu option.
All worked during the quick tests I did (normally if I was doing this for myself I'd follow up by seeing what steps I had to take to make the ext compatible {i.e. use[d] the Tester Tool as a test to see if it can be corrected}).
kelendral,
Before I go that route, I will recheck or retry Paste Email Plus again. I have tried this extension in two other related web browsers and figured how to work the controls to create and make a pasting of saved text. I will check this in Pale Moon again more carefully. One change I made which may be the needed solution is to put the option IN the extension to Compatibility Mode.

extra_D_string
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by extra_D_string » 2018-03-10, 05:07

kelendral wrote:While not the best solution, one workaround that works is to use Moon Tester Tool to install Paste Email Plus Version 6.2.
Like I said, I rechecked.

Laptop, Toshiba Satellite
Windows Vista, s.p.2
Security & Protection: Norton Security v22.12.1.15
Favored Installed Browers: Opera v36, Pale Moon v27, Vivaldi v1.0.4xx
Other browsers avaialbe: Slimjet v11, Comodo Ice Dragon v52, Firefox v56, Internet Explorer v9

That is my current system, pasted here using the extension. Formatting is not adjustable in the extensio's editor, but at least the information pasting works. I just needed to first try the extension in other firefox-like browsers and learn better how to use it.

(Still i'd like to make a small minor edit to first posting I made on this topic)
Last edited by extra_D_string on 2018-03-10, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.