Downloads window, anyone with a Bitbucket account?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

PalleP
Fanatic
Fanatic

Downloads window, anyone with a Bitbucket account?

Unread post by PalleP » 2018-02-18, 17:24

Hi all.

I have updated from PM v26.x to v27 and have installed the "Downloads window" extension to get the classic download window back.
It works really nice, but have a few differences from "the real thing". I would like to pass these things on to the developer, in the hope he will take time to change it.
But the only way to contact him seems to be via the Bitbucket.org. where a registration is mandatory.
I find it somehow overkill to create an account there just to pass a developer a few lines.
My hope is therefore that someone reading this have such an account and will pass these suggestions on to the developer, and also thank him for the extension.

1) With the "real thing" I had a blue flashing window, for ½ a minute or so, on the taskbar (Win7, window minimized to taskbar) when either a download was finished or a download failed (several downloads in progress).
With this application nothing happens.
2) I have set the window to close when all downloads are finished.
The "real thing" did not close the window if there were failed downloads, the extension closes the window even though there are failed downloads. This is not very practical.
3) I am absolutely not sure that this has anything to do with the extension, but I have occasionally finished downloads where the size is "unknown". I don't recall ever seeing this with PM v26.x and "the real thing".

Thank you in advance, if someone can/will pass this on to the developer.