Tab close button randomly missing

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Tab close button randomly missing

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-02-17, 21:36

I'm placing the topic here because it appears that the issue is related to the Pale Moon Expose Noisy Tabs By: wsdfhjxc.

I find that random tabs have been recently missing the close tab button which can happen with as few as two tabs open or many tabs. The problem does not occur in most tabs but just a few randomly as far as I can tell.

I have found that if I disable Expose Noisy Tabs then I do not seem to observe this issue.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the extension but very quickly I once again found a missing close tab button on the second or third tab I opened. I then disabled the extension again and did not observe this missing tab close issue occurring again.

There was a topic opened on this a while back that is currently locked where this same add-on was mentioned in regards to this same missing close tab button issue: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13650&p=96930#p96939 however it was attributed to another add-on it appears which I do not use so not much help there.

I have been using this extension for some time and find it helpful and have not noticed this specific close tab button missing issue until just recently (I may have not noticed the issue before however because I generally just close the browser as opposed to specific tabs).

Is there a way to contact the author of this extension about this?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-02-17, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Tab close button randomly missing

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-17, 21:50

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Is there a way to contact the author of this extension about this?
Gee.. Perhaps the Support Site link on the Add-on's page which you linked to.. Where two issues are already open about this.. Hmmmm...
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-17, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.