NoScript 10

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

DavidSweden

NoScript 10

Unread post by DavidSweden » 2018-02-13, 18:01

I'm new to Pale Moon but used NoScript on Firefox for a while. It has a completely new interface which in my book makes it go from useless to great:
noscript.png
PaleMoon's version is 5.0.6. It blocks everything and you have to add sites to the whitelist. The newest for Firefox is 10.1.6.5. Here, I can select default behaviour so I select "allow all" then add just annoying sites to the blacklist (which is easy). I've seen negative comments about NS in this forum (about old versions) but it has worked without flaws for me.

Has anyone tried forcefully installing v10 on Pale Moon? Or have a tip about any other script blocker with url list that can default to "allow all"?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: NoScript 10

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-13, 18:04

version 10 is a web extension so it will not work in pale moon.Ublock origin would be a fine replacement,
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

YesScript, not NoScript?

Unread post by riiis » 2018-02-13, 19:06

Try YesScript (A JavaScript blacklist). YesScript lets you make a blacklist of the few sites that aren't allowed to run JavaScript (rather than a whitelist of the much larger number of sites that are allowed). One click to the YesScript icon turns scripts on or off for the current site.

DavidSweden

Unread post by DavidSweden » 2018-02-14, 18:31

Thanks. uBlock origin seems to be able to also replace my adblocker and popupblocker. But no whitelist.

I'm trying YesScript + ABPrime + Popup Blocker Ultimate now. Seems to work. :-)

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-02-14, 20:09

DavidSweden wrote:uBlock origin seems to be able to also replace my adblocker and popupblocker. But no whitelist.
uBlock Origin does have a whitelist. When you open the uBO dashboard, click on the "Whitelist" tab.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Marcus
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Marcus » 2018-02-15, 10:39

Nigaikaze wrote:
DavidSweden wrote:uBlock origin seems to be able to also replace my adblocker and popupblocker. But no whitelist.
uBlock Origin does have a whitelist. When you open the uBO dashboard, click on the "Whitelist" tab.
That's not the way to work with uBo, the Whitelist tab is to be used exceptionally.
uBlock Origin is a whitelist app per nature; you start by hardening the rules as explained here https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/ ... edium-mode and then you create exceptions on a per-site basis.

DavidSweden wrote:I'm trying YesScript + ABPrime + Popup Blocker Ultimate now. Seems to work
uBlock will do what those do and much else besides; but you do have to know how to use it, it has a learning curve. Take your time with the wiki https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki