Lull The Tabs (BarTab successor)

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

fillerup

Re: Lull The Tabs (BarTab successor)

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-02-25, 07:50

hi JustOff, loving your work here. i have a small request, can you make it so that the browser doesn't switch to the tab next to the unloaded tab when i'm on a separate tab? e.g. i'm watching a youtube video on fullscreen, and when a tab is unloaded focus is switched to the tab next to it

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-25, 10:26

LimboSlam wrote:However, the about:whatever (e.g, about:addons, about:reader) pages are unloaded as they are not recognized by LTT's exception list. Can we have control over these internal pages with LTT's?
Yes, this is a known limitation, inherited from BarTab. I'll see what can be done about this.
fillerup wrote:can you make it so that the browser doesn't switch to the tab next to the unloaded tab when i'm on a separate tab? e.g. i'm watching a youtube video on fullscreen, and when a tab is unloaded focus is switched to the tab next to it
I can't reproduce this issue exactly as you described it, but yes, unloading a tab triggered by an inactivity timeout leads to exit from full-screen when watching a video in the browser. I can try to reschedule or postpone all such unloading until the exit the full-screen, however this requires additional investigation.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-25, 13:32

Lull The Tabs 1.3.5 has been released:
  • Postpone scheduled unloading when playing video in full-screen to prevent losing the focus

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-25, 15:32

Lull The Tabs 1.3.7 has been released:
  • Allow whitelisting of custom protocol URLs (like about:addons)
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-02-25, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-02-26, 00:45

Thanks a lot for this. Would it be possible to add selection of available context-menu options, or more simply an option to disable the context-menu entirely?

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-02-26, 01:31

sensational work as always JustOff :clap:

hobbledehoy899

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2018-02-26, 12:12

Would it be possible to be able add a customizable keyboard shortcut for unloading a tab?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-26, 13:02

back2themoon wrote:Would it be possible to add selection of available context-menu options, or more simply an option to disable the context-menu entirely?
Selective control over the menu items looks a little excessive, but the option to disable the context menu completely should not be difficult to add.
hobbledehoy899 wrote:Would it be possible to be able add a customizable keyboard shortcut for unloading a tab?
Full-featured customizable keyboard shortcut is not so easy to implement, but you can install Dorando keyconfig add-on and assign any keys combination to execute the following code:

Code: Select all

gBrowser.LullTheTabs.onClickButton({ctrlKey:false, metaKey:false});
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-02-26, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-02-26, 15:59

related to my previous posts: seems like LullTheTab transfers focus from other programs back to Pale Moon when unloading, and additionally 'Restores' the windows aka clicking the Maximize/Restore button, at least on Windows. is it possible to fix this as well?

hope we are not burdening you with too many requests!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-26, 16:25

fillerup wrote:seems like LullTheTab transfers focus from other programs back to Pale Moon when unloading, and additionally 'Restores' the windows aka clicking the Maximize/Restore button, at least on Windows
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this on my Windows 7 PC.

hobbledehoy899

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2018-02-26, 18:53

JustOff wrote:Full-featured customizable keyboard shortcut is not so easy to implement, but you can install Dorando keyconfig add-on and assign any keys combination to execute the following code:

Why thank you for the advice! I have my shortcut set to Shift+F5.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-27, 18:15

Lull The Tabs 1.3.8 has been released:
  • Make unloading controls in the tab context menu optional
  • Make the unload button in the address bar green on protected tabs

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2018-02-27, 21:36

Wonderful job with this beauty of an add-on!! :thumbup: Thanks for allowing custom protocols to be whitelisted. I have one more request: is is possible to have LLT's exception list synced through the browser sync function? I noticed that the exception list is not imported automatically with Pale Moon's syncing function.

Thanks very much! :thumbup: :thumbup: :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

hobbledehoy899

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2018-02-28, 06:17

Would it be possible to add an option that would make it so that domains on the exception list can still be manually unloaded instead of being completely protected from any unloading measure?
Last edited by hobbledehoy899 on 2018-02-28, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-28, 14:25

LimboSlam wrote:is is possible to have LLT's exception list synced through the browser sync function?
Ok, I'll add support for syncing setting in the next version.
hobbledehoy899 wrote:Would it be possible to add an option that would make it so that domains on the exception list can still be manually unloaded instead of being completely protected from any unloading measure?
I already thought about this option myself. At the moment I'm going to implement the forced unloading of whitelisted tabs using Ctrl+click on the button in the address bar (access to the extension settings will be shifted to Ctrl+Alt+click). The option to perform this action using the context menu will most likely not be added. It should also be understood that pinned tabs can't be forced to unload, if their unloading is disabled in the settings.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-03-01, 18:04

Lull The Tabs 1.4.0 has been released:
  • Add support for syncing setting through the browser sync
  • Add option to manually unload whitelisted tabs (Ctrl+click on the button)
  • Add option to recreate ("full reload") any tab (Ctrl+Shift+click on the button)
Access to the extension preferences was shifted to Ctrl+Alt+click on the button. Full reload is an experimental function that performs the unload/load cycle without switching focus to other tabs. This may help to release memory from whitelisted tabs that remain open for a long time, constantly updating their data in the background, and have memory leaks. Or it may not have any effect at all ;)

hobbledehoy899

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2018-03-02, 02:00

JustOff wrote:
  • Add option to manually unload whitelisted tabs (Ctrl+click on the button)
All you have to do to always have this function functionality from a keyboard shortcut is to change the executed custom command from

to

gBrowser.LullTheTabs.onClickButton({ctrlKey:true, metaKey:false});
!

Thick Marisa

Unread post by Thick Marisa » 2018-08-19, 08:28

For some reason with the latest version, if I middle click or right click and select "load url in new tab", it won't do just that. If I disable the add-on, I can open tabs in the background again.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-08-19, 09:23

I can't reproduce your issue using LTT 1.4.0 on Pale Moon 28.0.0. Perhaps you have a conflict with another add-on installed. Try to start with a clean profile or to disable other add-ons one by one to find the culprit.

bluej

Unread post by bluej » 2018-08-20, 14:51

I believe the problem with LTT 1.4.0 on Pale Moon 28.0.0 is with the "Don't load tabs that open in the background" option.
The other LTT features I have tested seem to be working just fine.

You can see it fail by toggling it ON and going to websites like news.google.com or reddit.com and middle-clicking a link or right-clicking a link and trying "Open Link in New Tab".

I created a new profile with only this add-on installed to verify this was not related to any other add-ons or settings.

I love this add-on and the "Don't load tabs that open in the background" option is my favorite feature.
I hope it can be fixed! :)

Thanks!