Lull The Tabs (BarTab successor)

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

JustOff

Re: Lull The Tabs (BarTab successor)

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-08-20, 17:32

Thank you for the details, this issue was resolved in LTT 1.4.1.

DogMouth

Unread post by DogMouth » 2018-08-27, 23:02

I have to thank you for bringing us a tab unloader that fixes the text search problem, but I seem to have run into an issue.

Using 'Tree Style Tabs for Pale Moon 0.0.4' in Pale Moon 27.7.1 (64-bit), tab unloading (manual or timed) works for lone or child tabs.
Unloading a parent tab by any method causes the parent tab (and its children) to be closed.

I don't know if any of the other tab grouping add-ons have similar conflicts.
BarTab Tycho (for all its problems) didn't have this particular behavior.

Is this something that can be fixed?

DogMouth

Unread post by DogMouth » 2018-08-29, 04:46

I should add that the tab-closing issue with LTT and TST also exists in 28.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-08-29, 15:25

Thanks for reporting this. I'll take a closer look as soon as I have enough free time.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 10:59

DogMouth wrote:Using 'Tree Style Tabs for Pale Moon 0.0.4' in Pale Moon 27.7.1 (64-bit), tab unloading (manual or timed) works for lone or child tabs.
Unloading a parent tab by any method causes the parent tab (and its children) to be closed.
I can't reproduce your problem using TST 0.0.4 + LTT 1.4.1 on PM 28.0.1 with a clean profile. Perhaps you have a conflict with some other add-on?

DogMouth

Unread post by DogMouth » 2018-09-02, 12:45

JustOff wrote:I can't reproduce your problem using TST 0.0.4 + LTT 1.4.1 on PM 28.0.1 with a clean profile. Perhaps you have a conflict with some other add-on?
It happens for me with TST 0.0.4 + LTT 1.4.1 on PM 27.7.1, 28.0.0, and 28.0.1, even when those are the only two enabled extensions, using the default ui theme.
I'm running this in Linux, though I wouldn't have thought that would be a big difference. I probably should have thought to mention that. I just wrote what was in the About dialog.

Otherwise, if that's not an obvious problem source, I'll try to see if I can find any other clues.
I'll attach images of the extension settings.
I don't know if I could have some browser settings set that would lead to this, so I'll attach that page too (snapshot taken while other extensions are re-enabled).
I suppose I can always try to set up another clean profile and try that.

Causing the tab deletion doesn't produce any errors in the console.
"undo close tab" recovers the tab branch correctly, so it's not a graphical artifact.
Attachments
PM_troubleshooting_info.txt
(16.87 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
TST_settings_6.png
TST_settings_5.png
TST_settings_4.png
TST_settings_3.png
TST_settings_2.png
TST_settings_1.png
LTT_settings.png

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 12:56

Could you please check whether you have this problem using a clean profile and default settings for both TST and LTT?

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2018-09-02, 13:14

DogMouth wrote:I'm running this in Linux, though I wouldn't have thought that would be a big difference.
For what it's worth, I'm also using Linux and have been using TST + LTT together for quite a while with no such issue.

DogMouth

Unread post by DogMouth » 2018-09-02, 13:36

Yeah, sorry about that.
With a clean profile and defaults, it does not happen.

In TST settings, changing
Tree > When a parent tab is closed > Promote first child
to
Tree > When a parent tab is closed > Close child tabs
causes the behavior.

So is this just a TST problem?
Last edited by DogMouth on 2018-09-02, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 16:16

DogMouth wrote:So is this just a TST problem?
Yes, there is a bug in TST. Please try LTT 1.4.2b1 with a workaround.

DogMouth

Unread post by DogMouth » 2018-09-03, 08:57

JustOff wrote:Please try LTT 1.4.2b1 with a workaround.
Oh, well it's a shame to see TST looking so rough these days. That said, 1.4.2b1 seems to work fine, and I can finally be rid of BarTab!
Thanks for this, and everything else.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-03, 19:13

Lull The Tabs 1.4.2 has been released:
  • Workaround for TST, as it doesn't detach tabs when attaching them to a new parent
  • Fix typos in logical expressions

uburoi

Unread post by uburoi » 2018-09-08, 23:05

Hi, JustOff --

I am running Lull The Tabs 1.42 on Palemoon 28.0.1 64 bit on Windows 8.1. It works fine except for one thing. I have it set NOT to load tabs that open in the background. That does not work. It always loads tabs opened in the background. If I restart with open tabs, it does not load the open tabs on restart. Everything else seems to work fine except it always loads the background tabs.

I have tried it in a new profile with this as the only addon. I have tried it in portable PM versions as the only addon. That feature does not work. I have tried other addons to prevent background tabs from loading, and they don't work either, except for Bar Tab Plus 3.2.8 which works exctly as intended.

As much as possible I would like to use addons written directly for PM like yours. For now I am stuck with Bar Tab Plus to do what I wish with background tabs.

Before I pull all my hair out, I figured I should turn to you for advice. If you need further info or want me to try anything, please holler.

Thanks for your help, and thanks also for the great contributions you have made to the Palemoon Project.

Take care.

Uburoi

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-09, 10:35

uburoi wrote:I have it set NOT to load tabs that open in the background. That does not work. It always loads tabs opened in the background.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea why it does not work for you in a clean profile with only LTT installed. Please create a new portable installation of Pale Moon + LTT, set it up to not load background tabs, check if the problem persists, zip this portable installation, upload the archive somewhere, and send me the link via PM.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-12-30, 14:32

Lull The Tabs 1.4.3 has been released:
  • Respect the browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent preference when open the background tabs unloaded
  • Preserve the Tab Kit 2 trees when unloading tabs (thanks PikachuEXE for the cooperation!)

mekineer

Unread post by mekineer » 2019-05-29, 00:18

There is compatibility issues with Tab Mix Plus. Trying to move a tab's position relative to the others, makes it jump around if both extensions are enabled.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2019-06-02, 12:32

Unfortunately, I don't quite understand what your problem is. Please provide exact steps to reproduce it.