Add-on help is asked for by a new user Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ineuw

Add-on help is asked for by a new user

Unread post by ineuw » 2018-01-31, 21:04

Just switched to Pale Moon from Firefox, and I need an add-on which can access Wiktionary, the dictionary of Wikipedia. I tried installing from Firefox, but I got the following error message:
wikitonary.jpg

I am also looking for an add-on or css code to be placed in the userCrome.css to round the tab corners, and color the active tab. Your help is much appreciated.

Fedor2

Re: Add-on help is asked for by a new user

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-02-01, 01:25

Your window error showed because wikipedia search actually exists in Palemoon, but it named plain wikipedia.
So if you really want Wiktionary you have to delete Wikipedia from search list, pull down it, select last item, finde wikipedia, delete it, then install Wiktionary.

update: not do that i write above, see below, actually wikipedia and Wiktionary different things
Last edited by Fedor2 on 2018-02-01, 04:10, edited 2 times in total.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-02-01, 03:14

Go to Wiktionary, the free dictionary for English Wiktionary (and a few others). Go to List_of_Wiktionaries for a complete list (for the complete list page, click the 2-character language code to go to the dictionary). When you're on the dictionary page you want, click the "Search using ..." icon in the Searchbar. A menu item to add the selected Wiktionary should be found at the bottom of the drop-down search menu.
add-wiktionary.jpg

GStathops
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by GStathops » 2018-02-01, 12:26

I am also looking for an add-on or css code to be placed in the userCrome.css to round the tab corners, and color the active tab
Yoy can use "ColorfulTabs" addon for that..

ineuw

Unread post by ineuw » 2018-02-01, 19:06

GStathops and riis, thank you both for the helpful info.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-02-01, 22:35

ineuw wrote:I am also looking for an add-on or css code to color the active tab.
Try Active Tab More Visible.

ineuw

Unread post by ineuw » 2018-02-02, 01:27

riiis wrote:
ineuw wrote:I am also looking for an add-on or css code to color the active tab.
Thanks again riis. How can I mark this topic solved?

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-02, 21:47

ineuw wrote:
riiis wrote:
Thanks again riis. How can I mark this topic solved?
Click the 'Accept this answer' check mark button on the post that provided the solution. :)

BillZM
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BillZM » 2018-07-11, 14:43

The Active Tab More Visible extension looks like it may be helpful with my favorite themes.

Is there a way to adjust its tab color (perhaps in about:config)?

Is there a way to stop the heavy bolding and/or shadowing of its tab font? Its titles are barely readable on my system.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-07-12, 12:41

I'd suspect it is your theme that is not interacting as you wish with the extension.

The extension is very simple & does very little; black text on an almost white background.

If you are seeing bolding/shadowing, it is probably already there, by your theme, & this extension just happens to make it more apparent.

You could hack the extension, changing he colors selected.
Or forgo the extension & just put the code in a userChrome.css file. (Requires browser restart.)

Perhaps something like this, changing the color to suit your needs (http://rgb.to/0,255,0):

Code: Select all

/* Change color of active tab */
tab{
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
   }
tab[selected="true"] {
   background-color: rgb(0,255,0) !important;
   color: black !important;
   }

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-14, 15:44

The following CSS code places a thin (in this case blue) line at the top of the active tab:

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] {
  background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(105,105,1005,.96), rgba(05,05,05,.85) 25%),
                    linear-gradient(-moz-dialog, -moz-dialog) !important;
  color: white !important;}
more subtle than changing the entire tab color and still easily noticed. ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising