super start speed dial.

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

super start speed dial.

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-01-31, 19:17

In regard to the super start speed dial extension.I would like to say a big big thank you to whoever developed this.It is just perfect and i have been seeking a new tab extension for pale moon for months now and i recently found this in the PM extensions page.

Many thanks. :thumbup: :D
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: super start speed dial.

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-31, 20:28

Be careful. I recently tried this extension(from FF addons site) and it left very doubtful impressions.
On the one hand, this is the best design and idea for the start page. Seriously. And on the other - the extension greatly affects the performance of the browser, simply slows down. :? (7 groups , ~50-60 dials)
If the author just corrected the version (the extension was not in development from 2015), then nothing good.
Будь осторожен. Я недавно пробовал это расширение и оно оставило очень сомнительные впечатления.
С одной стороны - это лучший дизайн и задумка для стартовой страницы. А с другой - расширение сильно влияет на производительность браузера, попросту тормозит.
Если автор просто поправил версию(расширение не разрабатывалось с 2015), то ничего хорошего.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-01-31, 20:34

Not experienced any slowdowns here jars.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-01-31, 21:51

jars_ wrote:I recently tried this extension(from FF addons site) and it left very doubtful impressions.
Super Start Speed Dial is not available "from FF" (AMO), only from APMO (addons.palemoon.org). And, versions of Superstart "from FF" no longer run on Pale Moon 27. So, the mendacity of your post is more than a little curious.
Moonraker wrote:In regard to the super start speed dial extension.I would like to say a big big thank you to whoever developed this.It is just perfect and i have been seeking a new tab extension for pale moon for months now and i recently found this in the PM extensions page.
Thanks.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-31, 23:23

Super Start Speed Dial is not available "from FF" (AMO), only from APMO (addons.palemoon.org). And, versions of Superstart "from FF" no longer run on Pale Moon 27. So, the mendacity of your post is more than a little curious.
wtf ?! What is this Super Start
I was trying to use this extension 2015 in FF , 2017-2018 in PM , because it` a very cool idea ... but a bad realization. if you fixed something in the extension, so say. if you just edit version number(or adding section for PM) install.rdf, also say so.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-02-12, 05:22

jars_ wrote:
wtf ?! What is this Super Start
I was trying to use this extension 2015 in FF , 2017-2018 in PM , because it` a very cool idea ... but a bad realization. if you fixed something in the extension, so say. if you just edit version number(or adding section for PM) install.rdf, also say so.
Off-topic:
*Box bell* CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

Okay jars_! You had corned this thread and you made some nice punches to all other users. But some of these are very hotted of tone an you can get a... *Judge shout: DISQUALIFIED!* Opps... that means that you won a warning for dirty fight. :o :( Fight clean next time. Let's rematch?