xulBlock Advanced -- my fork of uBlock Origin

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Fedor2

Re: xulBlock Advanced -- my fork of uBlock Origin

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-01-31, 23:34

Sorry, correct me if i write wrong, so what prevents addons to upadate themselves from the addons palemoon site?

joe04

Unread post by joe04 » 2018-02-01, 00:19

Okay, folks, Q&A time is over.

One last answer: See the first 21 posts. I will not repeat myself here. I will add that the only way I'd reconsider an [External] listing is if 6 months or so down the road there is a viable regular uBO fork on the Addon site. It could be my proposed one or something else; doesn't matter so long as it's a uBO fork for the XUL browsing masses with a viable future.

xBA is for the few, [TBD fork] would be for the many. I don't want xBA listed on its own. And no, the current uBO Updater doesn't count for reasons I've detailed in the other thread.

----
edit: I forgot about my blessing to anyone who wants to make an "xBA Updater" tool. That still stands, since the intial install requires going to my GitHub and doing it manually. I only ask that you ping me on GitHub before publishing, so that I can vet the "about this extension" text; I want to be sure it has a proper warning about Advanced mode and needing to read the documentation and such.

The key difference of xBA Updater vs [External] is that xBA Updater provides an extra layer of reading and clicking. So Updater is the best option, certainly for the near-term.
Last edited by joe04 on 2018-02-01, 01:06, edited 2 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-01, 00:21

Well you won't get an external listing until you provide a way to update your add-on and update your maxVersion to a sane value. Those are the ONLY requirements for external listing. If you don't care enough about users to do this then enjoy not having it be promoted.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-01, 00:23, edited 2 times in total.

joe04

Unread post by joe04 » 2018-02-01, 00:23

I will conclude my participation in this thread with one final post to my target audience:
current Advanced users or those with a serious desire to become Advanced

I suggest you consider xBA, but please carefully read my documentation before diving in. There are important differences from uBO you need to be well-aware of.