AutoRefresh Add-on

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Zero3K
Moonbather
Moonbather

AutoRefresh Add-on

Unread post by Zero3K » 2018-01-18, 19:34

It would be nice if it was made to work on Pale Moon (that or an add-on that does the same things as it was made if its not possible to get it to work). The page for it is located at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... torefresh/.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: AutoRefresh Add-on

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-18, 21:33

This is what I use.. I am actually planning on forking it at some point. However, this version is fully functional with Pale Moon. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/reloadevery/versions/?page=1#version-28.0.2.1-signed

As for your extension which seems to include a site specific settings to automatically handle it.. The original developer has never gotten it marked past experimental stage and of course not being WebExtension it is likely abandoned and they will never work on it again.
http://addons.palemoon.org/special/validate/ wrote: Warnings
  • Please ensure that this add-on has been properly modified to conform to experimental PMKit standards
  • This add-on has a valid ID format (user@host)
  • This add-on uses Bootstrap (Restartless) Technology
  • Additionally, this add-on uses Jetpack (Add-on SDK) Technology

Code: Select all

{
    "isBootstrap": true,
    "isJetpack": true,
    "isBadJetpack": false,
    "hasEmbeddedWebExtension": false,
    "hasCreator": true,
    "isValidIDFormat": true,
    "isRestrictedID": false,
    "hasValidTargetApplication": false,
    "isValidMinVersion": false,
    "isValidMaxVersion": false,
    "hasDescription": true,
    "isTooLongDesc": false,
    "hasIcon": true,
    "hasUpdateKeys": false
}
The Validator indicates this is a non-cfx Jetpack extension so adapting for Pale Moon should be easy enough. Depending on if/how it creates it's UI.

The person you want to contact is the developer. Failing that JustOff may be willing to properly fork it.
Off-topic:
IF JustOff forks AutoRefresh, I suggest he name it AutoReload.. Then when I fork ReloadEvery I will call it RefreshEvery :P
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-01-18, 22:07, edited 12 times in total.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-01-18, 22:08

Tab Mix Plus has auto refresh functionality

Zero3K
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Zero3K » 2018-01-18, 22:12

I found a Userscript to auto-refresh the sites added to the User Include section of its Options:

https://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/78764

I just want the Userscript to also save and restore the scroll position of a tab that is being refreshed automatically.
Last edited by Zero3K on 2018-01-18, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Zero3K
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Zero3K » 2018-01-20, 17:16

It now saves the scroll position for most sites thanks to a user on Reddit. The only issue and functionality I want are as follows:

1. It doesn't work properly on Pixiv.net's Search Results Page (according to the user that modified the script, its because the images being displayed on those pages are being loaded dynamically).
2. It would be nice if it was made into an Add-on that adds an item to the right-click context menu of a page for the adding of it to the list of pages to be automatically refreshed. That or an Add-on was made that adds an item to the right-click context menu of a page that opens the Options of the mentioned Userscript.

Zero3K
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Zero3K » 2018-01-21, 18:36

I wonder if the AutoRefresh Add-on would keep the scroll position for all sites. I guess I should install Firefox and take a look at how it works.

Zero3K
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Zero3K » 2018-01-27, 05:22

It works fine except for the fact that it doesn't save the scroll position. By the way, I have ran into a bug with the user-script I mentioned. It is refreshing about: pages when a page it is applied to is refreshed because of it. So, I hope that JustOff decides to try porting the add-on I mentioned sometime soon.