PassIFox not working with Pale Moon 27.7.1

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

paradiddle

PassIFox not working with Pale Moon 27.7.1

Unread post by paradiddle » 2018-01-18, 16:10

I updated my Pale Moon to 27.7.1 (issue was also present in 27.7.0) and subsequently my PassIFox stopped automatically populating login creds into web site login dialogs. I'm using PassIFox version 1.2.2 and my system is Windows 10 64-bit. I've entered this issue into the PassIFox GitHub project but I notice the issue discussion is very quiet, perhaps indicating the add-on is no longer maintained. As an alternative option, I am posting this message here, wondering if possibly anyone else has experienced this and has a workaround. Otherwise I'll try and figure something else out as far as the extension goes. Thanks a lot!
Last edited by paradiddle on 2018-01-18, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: PassIFox not working with Pale Moon 27.7.1

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-01-18, 16:39

Per the 27.7.0 release notes:
Disabled automatic filling in of log-in details by default to prevent potential risks of credentials being abused (e.g. for tracking) or stolen.
This can be re-enabled in the preferences.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-18, 16:48

Do note the security and privacy conserns listed in other threads.

Also, someone needs to either lock or merge duplicate threads.. Moderators? I was doing this a lot for a time because I have read every post since 2013 but gave up those powers for reasons.

paradiddle

Unread post by paradiddle » 2018-01-19, 04:34

Normally I read the release notes but in all honesty I wouldn't have expected something like this to change. However, I see why this is a good change, and I do appreciate that it can be toggled. BTW the release notes make no mention of a setting to revert it to old behavior.

Apologies for missing this in the release notes.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-19, 06:13

First two security points in relnotes:
  • Disabled automatic filling in of log-in details by default to prevent potential risks of credentials being abused (e.g. for tracking) or stolen.
  • Added a preference (in the category security) to easily enable or disable automatic filling in of log-in data.

paradiddle

Unread post by paradiddle » 2018-01-19, 16:04

I'm on a roll! Thanks for sharing, and apologies for missing that as well.