How do I troubleshoot / install Enpass and Video Blocker? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

batman

How do I troubleshoot / install Enpass and Video Blocker?

Unread post by batman » 2018-01-16, 03:50

Do you have any tips or tricks that might help install both Enpass and or Video Blocker?

* Here is where I can right-click save .xpi - https://www.enpass.io/enpass-browser-extension/
* I also installed Moon Tester Tool - https://github.com/JustOff/moon-tester-tool/ and when I goto option "Install Test Add-on" (about:addons) nothing works.
* Video Blocker Archive - https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/video-blocker/versions/?page=1#version-2.0.1

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: How do I troubleshoot / install Enpass and Video Blocker?

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-01-16, 06:36

"Enpass" is a web extension and AFAIK there's no way to make it install.

"Video Blocker 2.0.1" is an old-style cfx jetpack extension.
It would need first to be modified into a (more modern) jpm extension to be able to install it using Moon Tester Tool.
For more information see 1, 2.

batman

Unread post by batman » 2018-01-16, 19:31

Thanks for the detailed, and helpful response Mr. CoffeeBreak.

:coffee:

vorkot11

Unread post by vorkot11 » 2018-02-28, 20:16

I have version 5.4.3 of Enpass installed via Moon Tester Tool, if that is of any help.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-03-01, 01:02

vorkot11 wrote:I have version 5.4.3 of Enpass installed via Moon Tester Tool, if that is of any help.
webmaster wrote:...that might help install both Enpass...

@vorkot11, Thank you for posting this.

For those interested, v.5.4.3 isn't listed on the Enpass page dedicated to "browser entensions", but is listed on their downloads page, about three quarters of the way down, designated "Legacy".
enpass-legacy.png

vorkot11

Unread post by vorkot11 » 2019-01-01, 17:11

And now the Enpass extension version 5.4.3 does not work with the new Enpass 6. And Enpass 5 does not work with the new extension for Chrome-based browsers. Sticky Password actually supports Pale Moon but demands a 32-bit version and is really expensive. Why is one expected to change their entire browser to fit around an extension for something that you have to pay actual money for? :x At least LastPass still works everywhere but by no means ideally. What is the best password manager to use that works in both Pale Moon and Chrome-based browsers and synchronises over the web?