Forecastfox for Pale Moon options page does not change anything.

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Forecastfox for Pale Moon options page does not change anything.

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 01:11

The Forecastfox for Pale Moon add-on settings do not change when changes are made to the add-ons option page. I have the same settings from when I used the AMO forecastfox (fix version) prior to installing the Pale Moon version and there does not appear to be a way to change the settings to anything else other than what they have been for years. The former AMO extension did the same thing which is why I installed the Pale Moon version. What should I do to get this extension to work properly (I have rebooted)?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Thehandyman1957

Re: Forecastfox for Pale Moon options page does not change anything.

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-16, 01:36

I'm using Forecastfox (fix version) 2.4.8 with PM 27.7.0 64 bit and can still edit the page with results.
Though, I do remember not being able to do this some time back and cannot remember what I did to get it working again. :think:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 01:38

This is what I get when attempting to restore settings (to default) in both versions of the extension (both AMO and Pale Moon versions):
forecast weather add-on.png
Which clearly does not look right (one would expect some kind of text in the box) and nothing changes when clicking "OK" (I'm assuming what I currently have now is not the "default" which is the current temp ["Now"] and the high for the next two days displayed).
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-16, 01:46, edited 3 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 01:52

Besides doing a cold system shutdown/boot (including after the Pale Moon version install), I've also already tried disabling/restarting PM and then enabling/restarting PM and still no change. (I've had the same settings for a very long time so cannot attribute the issue to any one specific Pale Moon build, using the current 27.7.7 release, as I've just today noticed this problem when I thought I'd add one more day to the forecast display instead of just the two future days that I have now and for some time since I originally installed the AMO (fixed) version).
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-16, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-16, 01:53

Something must not be right. I get this window when trying the same thing. :think:
Screenshot - 1_15_2018 , 6_52_07 PM.png

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 01:59

Actually that looks like it might be what to expect which appears to be a warning that if you reset all settings to default you would then need to enter your settings again to return back to anything close to what you had before. As you can see I do not get this "warning" message however and nothing changes when I click "OK" to the peculiar prompt that I get.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-16, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 02:02

If you can actually successfully change any one individual setting (which according to what the extension says will occur immediately) then it appears perhaps your extension is working okay (i.e. if you say add or subtract a day to the display do you get the change displayed immediately?)
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-16, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 02:09

I am getting the specific icon (pointed out) that is expected if the options page is open (where to move/relocate the display):
getting what is expected with options page open.png
So this part IS working (the icon only appears with the "options" page open).
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-16, 02:17, edited 2 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 02:21

I've tried "Checking updates" (to see if this helps) and get this result (same version but new update date):
Check for updates result.png
Or maybe that date is today because I installed the Pale Moon version earlier today.

I've tried not only changing settings but the "restore all defaults" because of this information at the bottom of the options page regarding "Troubleshooting" (but no help):
Forecastfox troubleshooting.png
(notice the comment that "changes are applied immediately" that I've mentioned previously)

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-16, 02:42

Yes, I can change the amount of days and it changes immediately. It seems that your add on is having an issue somewhere. :think:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-16, 03:13

You are probably getting the "reset" message you get (see 2nd screen-shot) because you are right-clicking and selecting from here:
right-click troubleshooting....png
right-click troubleshooting....png (7.37 KiB) Viewed 774 times
which then gives me this (just like your example):
Then I get this after right-click selection.png
but if I click the "reset" from the "options" page then I get this (as posted previously):
forecast weather add-on.png
Suffice to say, making any changes to settings in my case does nothing so I guess I'll just be happy with two future days of weather as everything appears to work fine with what I do have and I do not really need a third day of future weather anyway.

If you click the "restore all defaults" from the "Options" page instead of the right-click context menu you may get what I get as well which is what you see in the last screen-shot. :idea: (I wouldn't do the "restore..." so don't do that [I'm hesitant to click on the same button you get that I also get using the right-context menu since I can't be sure what I'll get based on the sketchy manner that the "options" page fails to work in my case] but just curious if you get the prompt I'm getting in the last screen-shot doing a "restore all defaults" from the "Options" window which is presumably attempting to render the same warning prompt that is displayed when clicking on the right-click "Troubleshooting..." option when using the right-click context menu).
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-16, 03:27, edited 4 times in total.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-01-16, 03:42

Pale Moon Rising wrote:The Forecastfox for Pale Moon add-on settings do not change when changes are made to the add-ons option page. I have the same settings from when I used the AMO forecastfox (fix version) prior to installing the Pale Moon version and there does not appear to be a way to change the settings to anything else other than what they have been for years. The former AMO extension did the same thing which is why I installed the Pale Moon version. What should I do to get this extension to work properly (I have rebooted)?
This is what I get when attempting to restore settings (to default) in both versions of the extension (both AMO and Pale Moon versions):
"Forecastfox for Pale Moon" and "Forecastfox (fix version)" both use the same preference file. So, if Forecastfox is broken in "Forecastfox (fix version)", because of a corrupt preference file, it will stay broken when replaced by "Forecastfox for Pale Moon" (and vice-versa). Forecastfox preferences are kept in the "forecastfox.sqlite" file in your user profile. Uninstall both versions of Forecastfox from Pale Moon. Close Pale Moon. Then delete the "forecastfox.sqlite" file in the top level of your user profile. Reinstall "Forecastfox for Pale Moon". Re-enter your preferences in Forecastfox options.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-16, 03:57

No, I didn't get the reset box from the list but from the button on the bottom of the options screen just like your last
Picture. Perhaps riiis's response is what I did when I had this issue a ways back. Too long ago to remember.

Give it a try, hopefully it will fix it for you. ;)

dlangton

Unread post by dlangton » 2018-01-16, 04:37

The problem you're having is almost certainly due to the NoScript extension. If you disable NoScript and restart PaleMoon you'll be able to change settings. You cam check out the history of the problem at Mozillszine