Reader mode add on - keybind issue Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Reader mode add on - keybind issue

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-01-15, 13:35

Good Day Community,

I am running Pale Moon 27.7.0 on a Windows 10 computer and am having issues with the reader mode add-on. Not sure if the same issue is present for the Linux build, but I guess it's a possibility. Will check asap and get back to you.
Anyway, the reader mode icon turns blue when I load pages in the foreground/background, which is great, but then the keybind (Ctl+Alt+r) fails to trigger the reader mode. Anyone else having this issue?

Kind Regards
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Reader mode add on - keybind issue

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-01-15, 14:10

I just tried it on this post without a problem. PM 27.7.0, Windows 7 x64, RV 1.1.3. I haven't been able to test on Windows 10 since I don't have a machine that runs it. Do other keyboard shortcuts for Pale Moon still work? Is there a CTRL+ALT+R keybind on the OS that might be interfering with it?
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Reader mode add on - keybind issue

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-01-16, 11:01

Isengrim wrote:I just tried it on this post without a problem. PM 27.7.0, Windows 7 x64, RV 1.1.3. I haven't been able to test on Windows 10 since I don't have a machine that runs it. Do other keyboard shortcuts for Pale Moon still work? Is there a CTRL+ALT+R keybind on the OS that might be interfering with it?
All the other keybinds work just fine. Anyway, the problem "fixed itself" and is just beautiful to use.haha :D

EDIT: I think you are correct, the OS is the problem and will always be, since W10 is such a honk of crap.haha
Last edited by fatboy on 2018-01-16, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux