Tab Mix Plus - Last Row of Tabs Disappears

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

danmeek

Tab Mix Plus - Last Row of Tabs Disappears

Unread post by danmeek » 2017-12-26, 12:10

Frequently the bottom rows of tabs disappear. Only way to see them is to delete 4-5 tabs in rows above in order to bring the bottom rows up to row 4.

The rows that disappear are rows 5 and higher, even though TMP is set to allow 10 rows of tabs.

I am using PM 27.6.2 (32-bit).

Tab Mix Plus is version 0.5.0.4

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Tab Mix Plus - Last Row of Tabs Disappears

Unread post by doofy » 2017-12-26, 14:02

You running any other tab extensions?

TMP often doesn't run well with other tab utilities. Here I can lose rows of tabs if I run ColorfulTabs.

danmeek

Unread post by danmeek » 2018-01-17, 02:13

I am running Colorful Tabs. When I disable it, many tab rows disappear.
Last edited by danmeek on 2018-01-17, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-01-17, 16:52

For me, disabling and restarting PM gets me my tabs back.

What happens when you uninstall Colorful, and restart PM?

pintorama
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by pintorama » 2018-01-23, 00:09

This solution applies to Basilisk, perhaps not PM, and includes when you are using Colorful Tabs (and see note at the bottom). The moderator may wish to put this someplace else, or create a new entry, that is specific to Basilisk.

Here's the solution that worked for me. Go to: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... sions/beta, which is the TMP version catalog. Scroll down and select: Version 0.5.0.4pre.170525a1 Released May 25, 2017 929.1 KiB Works with Firefox 38.0 - 56.* and install. Select restart Basilisk. Your rows may not initially appear or function. Close Basilisk. Load a bunch of tabs, they should now fill-out in rows. Remember to go back to Ad-ons Manager, select TMP and make sure you disable automatic updates for TMP.

Note: I am also using Classic Theme Restorer, which may be a factor in all of this as well. I did not check this solution with CTR disabled.
Last edited by pintorama on 2018-01-23, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-01-23, 02:30

Nice one pintorama, thx.

That build of TMP plays better with Colorful Tabs, certainly it allows multiple rows as set in TMP, which was the OP's OP.

Here, CT still does not work quite as expected and is a bit buggy - for example it refuses to colour about:config, but I can live with that.

CT is an interesting add on - by default, of course, it is absolutely hideous, and it takes a bit of dedication to work out that it is in fact very configurable.

Thx again.

danmeek

Unread post by danmeek » 2018-01-26, 00:53

I installed the 0.5.0.4pre May 2017 version of TMP. Now all the rows of tabs are visible, but now there is a blank vertical space below the tabs. I tried changing the allowed number of rows in TMP and restarting PM. Result is that TMP now reserves enough vertical space to fix the maximum number of rows, whether or not there are enough tabs to fill those rows. So, if my TabGroupsManager group has fewer than about 30 tabs, there is blank vertical space below the last row of tabs so that the total vertical space occupied by the tabs = maximum allowed number of rows in TMP.
Last edited by danmeek on 2018-01-26, 00:59, edited 2 times in total.