Need any way to take screen shot

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

KarmaKoin

Need any way to take screen shot

Unread post by KarmaKoin » 2017-12-15, 21:13

I have a page up I can't close or I will lose that info. I tried a few weeks ago to figure out how to take a screen shot on my PC but failed. Are there any extensions on FF left that will work here? I don't care if they are not great, right now I will use anything. All of them that I see say I can't use them.

I tried a few weeks ago to do the right click/inspect element thing. I got the camera icon showing but when I click the camera nothing appears to happen at all. If it is taking a full page screen shot where do I find it? Thank you

Ps, I found something called screen grab but it says I have to restart. I think if I do that I might lose this page I need to have the shot of.

KarmaKoin

Re: Need any way to take screen shot

Unread post by KarmaKoin » 2017-12-15, 22:08

Oh, okay I figured it out with Shift+F2 console and type screenshot. And all the others were in downloads that i took with the camera icon. I'll just use this in future, it's easier and less messy than another extension anyway.

KarmaKoin

Unread post by KarmaKoin » 2017-12-15, 22:09

Too bad the page I wanted signed me out, lol. But that's my own stupid fault. :x

visionhelp

Unread post by visionhelp » 2017-12-15, 23:03

I can recommend the screen-saver of XnView.

But from some .NET Framework things it can work weired, so my experience in XP.
All .NET Framework uninstalled and it works as I want.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-16, 00:32

KarmaKoin wrote:Oh, okay I figured it out with Shift+F2 console and type screenshot. And all the others were in downloads that i took with the camera icon. I'll just use this in future, it's easier and less messy than another extension anyway.
I tired this out. It saved the screenshot to my Downloads folder. I wonder if there is any way to tell Console to save the screenshot somewhere else, as I normally save screenshots to ~/Pictures/screenshots.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2017-12-16, 01:58

Assuming Windows, you just hit PrintScreen. Then you paste it into MS Paint and save from there.

Thats just a simple cap of what's visible - no good if you want a scrolling cap of a full page.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2017-12-16, 04:09

KarmaKoin wrote:I found something called screen grab but it says I have to restart. I think if I do that I might lose this page I need to have the shot of.
You may prefer an external program for taking screenshots, such as Lightscreen or Lightscreen Portable. Lightscreen is available for both Windows and Linux. Webpages you visit can also be saved/bookmarked using ScrapBook X.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-12-16, 05:16

There are a number of options available if you use the developer toolbar (but not the camera button).
Unfortunately the ability to change the save-location isn't one of them, it will always save to your global location.
You can get a list of options by typing help screenshot into the toolbar.
gcli-help-screenshot.png
Among other things, you can name the screenshot (optionally), and make it fullpage (limit = 32,700 pixels).
And it's possible to send the screenshot to the clipboard, e.g.:
screenshot <optional-title> --fullpage --clipboard
gcli-screenshot.png
gcli-screenshot2.png
FYI, There's a ghacks article about this feature.

visionhelp

Unread post by visionhelp » 2017-12-16, 16:20

Sorry, forgetting the link https://www.xnview.com/

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-12-16, 20:44

On Windows, Alt-PrintScreen will just capture the focused window rather than the whole desktop.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2017-12-16, 22:20

Goodydino wrote:On Windows, Alt-PrintScreen will just capture the focused window rather than the whole desktop.
Yep, and works on most Linux distributions as well. This is by far my preferred solution. On Linux you'll often get prompted to save the file with a name. On Windows though, just be aware that Alt+PrtSc will put copy screenshot to the clipboard (memory) and needs to be pasted into your image application of choice before saving.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-18, 18:18

If you want to have more options in Linux for your screenshot, enter this…

Code: Select all

gnome-screenshot --interactive
…in a Terminal window. You'll get a dialog box with options.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-12-18, 21:44

If you are on Windows 10, several in-built methods are already available. Win+Shift+S is quite helpful.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-12-18, 22:47

I'm trying to keep my extensions list for windows and linux Pale Moon from growing. In windows, I use "Print Screen" and follow the usual steps. In linux Mint, I use the default utility program which comes with Mint named, "Screenshot".

Since I'm usually in linux 99% of the time, I take a lot of screenshots using Screenshot.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

GWL894
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by GWL894 » 2017-12-18, 22:59

The extension called "Screenshoter (Fixed)" works beautifully. It is in the Classic Add-Ons Archive, so I guess it was still at the Mozilla site as of last month or so. I've used it for years. Just click on the icon and it captures the page.

rmpbklyn

Unread post by rmpbklyn » 2018-02-18, 22:34

my favorites are the following:
windows: snippy, greenshot and imgcapture
mac: duck capture, preview (it allows the entire desktop so you can get the system bar)
for firefox and derivatives: abduction and awseome screenshot extensions , print to pdf , seamonkey (has edit feature, from there you can copy paste to any app or just reprint to pdf )

KarmaKoin wrote:I have a page up I can't close or I will lose that info. I tried a few weeks ago to figure out how to take a screen shot on my PC but failed. Are there any extensions on FF left that will work here? I don't care if they are not great, right now I will use anything. All of them that I see say I can't use them.

I tried a few weeks ago to do the right click/inspect element thing. I got the camera icon showing but when I click the camera nothing appears to happen at all. If it is taking a full page screen shot where do I find it? Thank you

Ps, I found something called screen grab but it says I have to restart. I think if I do that I might lose this page I need to have the shot of.