What security risk? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

klear6

What security risk?

Unread post by klear6 » 2017-12-03, 02:57

I'm not sure where to post this because it is about the browser, but it's not. Kinda. The add-ons screen shows that finder bar tweak causes stability issues (I haven't seen any). Also, if I try to install Status-4-Evar it says it won't install because of a security risk. What is the security risk? I figured you guys might know better than the extension developers because the few I have talked to haven't really known anything about this browser. Also I am kind of a n00b with it (few days) so go easy on me. =]
klear6

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: What security risk?

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-12-03, 10:02

Apparently, those extensions are known to cause various UI issues.
..but if you HAVE to use them, try installing these mods instead, which have been optimized for Pale Moon:
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/finderbar-tweak/
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/location-4-evar/

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-12-04, 22:20

I thought Status-4-evar was incorporated into Pale Moon. I see settings for it in about:config, and I did not do anything to add it.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-12-04, 22:46

Finderbar Tweak is abandoned so sayith me. As for Location-4-evar that is the address bar code from Status-4-evar we ripped out for causing issues with other extensions that like to hook into the address bar. Also, as far as Status-4-evar is concerned.. Since it has been materially changed and integrated as a proper browser component not an extension, stealth or otherwise.. You shouldn't call it S4E anymore.. It really is just.. Part of the Pale Moon Browser Core code. We remember where it came from.. Originally, Pre-Firefox 4 UI code ;)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-12-04, 23:37

It kind of sounds like the original poster is running Basilisk, and not Pale Moon. OP, can you please clarify which browser you're using?