File and Folder shortcuts

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

dtoxic
Moon lover
Moon lover

File and Folder shortcuts

Unread post by dtoxic » 2017-10-11, 16:52

Here is another Extension that works great (in compatibility mode) PM 27.5.0

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ts/?src=ss

What it does it adds shortcuts to local folders in windows just beneath the bookmarks toolbar

so if anyone is using folders while browsing and want;s to skip minimizing the browser this is a great extension!
Windows 7 SP1 X64
Windows 10 LTSC X64

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: File and Folder shortcuts

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-10-12, 07:30

Although I've been wanting something like this, there are a couple of disadvantages:
it adds Yet Another Toolbar
not possible to put parameters in, e.g. for IrfanView I use /clippaste to paste in a copied image, then start IV with Ctrl+Shift+I. Starting form the shortcut in PM won't paste the image.

Thanks for the info - v. useful for other things.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

dtoxic
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by dtoxic » 2017-10-12, 13:46

Giraffe wrote:Although I've been wanting something like this, there are a couple of disadvantages:
it adds Yet Another Toolbar
not possible to put parameters in, e.g. for IrfanView I use /clippaste to paste in a copied image, then start IV with Ctrl+Shift+I. Starting form the shortcut in PM won't paste the image.

Thanks for the info - v. useful for other things.
I agree, but this one is the closest extension i could find for my personal need's (since i constantly open folders and files) and i don't mind an extra toolbar :)
i contacted the developer, a day ago but still no replay, maybe he will pick this extension up since it;s very old and i could not find a suitable alternative
Windows 7 SP1 X64
Windows 10 LTSC X64

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-10-12, 14:23

Yes, that which we have is better than that which we'd like.
I Opera 12.* (ProperOpera) I could easily add buttons to the toolbar and, as it ran on.ini files, it was easy to edit them.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

dtoxic
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by dtoxic » 2017-10-12, 15:16

Giraffe wrote:Yes, that which we have is better than that which we'd like.
I Opera 12.* (ProperOpera) I could easily add buttons to the toolbar and, as it ran on.ini files, it was easy to edit them.
Oh man i still have it installed hahaah although with ton of bugs now, i refuse to let it die :D
Windows 7 SP1 X64
Windows 10 LTSC X64