Is there any prevission to install Bitwarden in Pale Moon Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Guillermo_Burastero

Is there any prevission to install Bitwarden in Pale Moon

Unread post by Guillermo_Burastero » 2017-10-09, 02:43

I was using LastPass in Firefox until v57 came in and it was not more compatible with it.
Then searching for a password manager replacement I discovered BitWarden ( https://bitwarden.com/ ) and that was for good because it's FLOSS, and free and does a very good job in most popular web navigators such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi and Tor Browser.
I couldn't install BitWarden in Pale Moon which is the web navigator that I'm testing for use as my default browser.
So, I would like to know if there is any prevision to make Pale Moon compatible with BitWarden, that I like so much as a password manager.

Thanks in advance.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Is there any prevission to install Bitwarden in Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-09, 06:33

Their browser integration is a WebExtension. Pale Moon does not support WebExtensions, so unless a XUL-based extension is written for it, there is no provision to install it in Pale Moon.
An issue was already opened on their repository (https://github.com/bitwarden/browser/issues/214) but as of yet the developers are not considering it because of our market share.
In the meanwhile, you can use the web vault in Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Crambie

Unread post by Crambie » 2017-10-10, 16:52

For an alternative Enpass seems to work fine.

MichaelD

Unread post by MichaelD » 2017-10-14, 14:23

How does one install Enpass on Pale Moon? The extensions and add-ons do not have a search ability that I see, and I do not see Enpass.

Just installed the Moon today, looks good, but I'd appreciate a hand on this Enpass thing. Thanks.

vorkot11

Unread post by vorkot11 » 2017-10-17, 21:29

I used Moon Tester Tool, the Enpass extension from the Mozilla add-ons site installed fine.

Kalico

Unread post by Kalico » 2018-12-30, 17:24

vorkot11 wrote:I used Moon Tester Tool, the Enpass extension from the Mozilla add-ons site installed fine.
I know this post was quite some time ago, but can you tell me where to get this tool that allows FireFox extensions to be used in Palemoon? I really don't want to switch back to FF after PM, but need some extensions and it seems fewer and fewer are being supported.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-12-30, 20:59

Kalico wrote:
vorkot11 wrote:I used Moon Tester Tool, the Enpass extension from the Mozilla add-ons site installed fine.
I know this post was quite some time ago, but can you tell me where to get this tool that allows FireFox extensions to be used in Palemoon? I really don't want to switch back to FF after PM, but need some extensions and it seems fewer and fewer are being supported.
Moontester tool can be found on the palemoon addons page under extensions.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-12-30, 21:30

Kalico wrote:
Just make sure the extension you want to add via the Moon Tester Tool is not a webextension but the last so-called legacy version. Webextensions won't work no matter what, period. ;)

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/moon-tester-tool/

Kalico

Unread post by Kalico » 2019-01-09, 23:32

Thanks for the steer, helloimustbegoing.

I think I'm going to have to switch to Firefox, because I'm a bit out of my depth with this. I just want a decent password manager that's integrated with Palemoon (which I love).

It seems that Bitwarden and KeePassXC are two of the best and open source, but neither works with Palemoon (unless I'm missing something). It's a pity, but I guess we go where the functionality is.

Thanks again.