Important notice for users of "Darkness" theme

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Important notice for users of "Darkness" theme

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-10-03, 14:13

Hi there, theme fans!

If you're a user of the "Darkness" theme, I've some exciting news to share!

For those unaware, "Darkness" was originally a fork of the theme "In The Dark", by RealityRipple. This was originally a theme for Firefox. Recently, I was contacted by RealityRipple about Darkness, who firstly expressed his gratitude that I'd been keeping this updated for so long, but also that he'd be very interested in coming to Pale Moon. In doing this, he expressed interest in continuing In The Dark for Pale Moon, based on Darkness.

In the interest of avoiding user confusion and making sure that users get the best possible experience with this theme, I have opted to end development of Darkness so that development of In The Dark can continue fully. This way, the theme can reach its full potential with the original author.

I'm currently in talks with the author to get this on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site once he feels it's ready. Once this happens, the listing for Darkness will be removed. Users will NOT be auto-updated to In The Dark. I will keep the Darkness repository and its releases on GitHub for those who want it. For those curious, the repository for In The Dark can be found here: https://github.com/RealityRipple/InTheDark

I hope to have some more news for you soon! :)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Important notice for users of "Darkness" theme

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-26, 18:49

I can now confirm that "In The Dark" has been listed on our add-ons site as an External, meaning that it is hosted on the developer's website. If you are currently a user of Darkness, I would recommend you install this, in order to receive further updates:

https://realityripple.com/Software/Them ... Pale-Moon/

Please note that Darkness will NOT update to In The Dark, and you must choose to install this new version yourself. Additionally, I have de-listed Darkness due to development of this having now stopped. All previous releases can still be found on GitHub for those that require it.

To contact the developer (either to raise issues or pass on general comments) please see the contact details listed on the above site.

Enjoy! :)