Cookie Keeper?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

greyowl

Cookie Keeper?

Unread post by greyowl » 2017-09-21, 01:27

I am confused whether Cookie Keeper is compatible with PM. The PM extension list shows it but the Mozila site show it as incompatible.

Please clarify this.

Also, is there a cookie manager that would be better than Cookie Keeper?

Thanks for the help

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Cookie Keeper?

Unread post by riiis » 2017-09-21, 02:48

greyowl wrote:I am confused whether Cookie Keeper is compatible with PM. The PM extension list shows it but the Mozila site show it as incompatible. Please clarify this.
Also, is there a cookie manager that would be better than Cookie Keeper?
CookieKeeper is my current and long-time cookie manager, and is certainly compatible with PM27. To install, click the "Download Anyway" link for CookieKeeper 1.9.3.1 at AMO. Then drag the downloaded CookieKeeper xpi file to the Pale Moon Add-ons Manager page.

The Mozilla AMO site views Pale Moon as Firefox 27.9, and thus reports CookieKeeper as incompatible. To fix, you can change the "general.useragent.override.addons.mozilla.org" option in about:config (as described on the CookieKeeper AMO website). Or more simply, install CookieKeeper from file, as described above.

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2017-09-21, 02:51

Thank you so much for the help.

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2017-09-21, 13:19

riiis wrote: CookieKeeper is my current and long-time cookie manager, and is certainly compatible with PM27. To install, click the "Download Anyway" link for CookieKeeper 1.9.3.1 at AMO. Then drag the downloaded CookieKeeper xpi file to the Pale Moon Add-ons Manager page.

The Mozilla AMO site views Pale Moon as Firefox 27.9, and thus reports CookieKeeper as incompatible. To fix, you can change the "general.useragent.override.addons.mozilla.org" option in about:config (as described on the CookieKeeper AMO website).
Thanks for the informations!
I’ve searched this forum to look for the reason why the FF version override is so low and apparently it’s because of the change to the "Australis UI" in FF after that version. From what I gather some addons that target higher FF version will work anyway, but there’s no way to know without trying?

As to a cookies manager addon, I’ve been using Crush Those Cookies since I started using PM a month ago, and it seems to do the job fine. It’s simpler than CookieKeeper I think, as you cannot control individual cookies, just per-site. Also it directly targets PM so no messing about with the useragent needed ;). (Of course the lack of precise control on the cookies can be seen as a negative, but I appreciate the ease of use.)

bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2017-11-02, 08:14

With PM Extension "CookieKeeper" pointing to AMO disabled (v1.9.3.1 ) I can see new PM users giving up when they encounter "Not suitable for your Browser".

Suggestion
Point PM Extension item "CookieKeeper" to developers home page where Palemoon is listed as a beneficiary, and v1.9.3.1 is the offered current .XPI (and tar.gz)

-------------
SPECS
Pale Moon v27.5.1 (32-bit)
Win-7 PRO x64
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)