Tab Mix Plus & close tab button Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

SpetharuKai

Tab Mix Plus & close tab button

Unread post by SpetharuKai » 2017-09-16, 20:13

I finally upgraded to Pale Moon 27 because I saw there is now a fork for All-in-One Sidebar.

However, it now appears that there is a bug in Tab Mix Plus. I like having the single close tab button at the end of the tab bar. However, it disappeared as soon as I upgraded to PM 27. I checked the extension options, and the close tab button on the tab bar is still selected. It's just not there.

Is this an issue anyone knows about and is working on? Thanks in advance for any help.

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Tab Mix Plus & close tab button

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2017-09-17, 01:20

I have Pale Moon 27.4.2 with extension Tab Mix Plus v.0.5.0.4 on Windows 10 (French). I use the default theme. I have configured the close box at the right end of the tab bar, with tabs over the address bar. No close box in the tabs themselves. It works as advertised.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-09-17, 06:00

In about:config, you might try setting browser.tabs.closeButtons to value of 3.

See http://xref.palemoon.org/palemoon-trunk/source/browser/app/profile/palemoon.js#436

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-09-17, 07:17

coffeebreak wrote:In about:config, you might try setting browser.tabs.closeButtons to value of 3.

See http://xref.palemoon.org/palemoon-trunk/source/browser/app/profile/palemoon.js#436
since the OP stated that he uses Tab Mix Plus, he would instead need to set the following values:

- browser.tabs.closeButtons to 0
- extensions.tabmix.tabs.closeButtons to 1 and then either 2 for x buttons that appear when hovered, or 3 for persistent x buttons

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-09-18, 13:59

Downloading the latest TMP dev build from TMP's website will solve your issue, hopefully.

http://tabmixplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19904

SpetharuKai

Unread post by SpetharuKai » 2017-09-21, 21:07

Thank you all for the suggestions. I haven't tried fiddling with about:config on this issue. But I also posted on the Tab Mix Plus forum, and someone posted some CSS for me to add to userChrome.css, which fixed the problem. Apparently, The Good ol' Sidebar specifically turns off the Close Tab button -- which I found to be rather aggravating.

Anyway, on to the next compatibility issue.... :)

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2017-09-22, 11:35

Hi, I just wanted to inform that this will be fixed in the next release of TGS together with the removal of the movable close button.