[Privacy] Old "HideTab" Firefox extension on Pale Moon? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Schweineschnute

[Privacy] Old "HideTab" Firefox extension on Pale Moon?

Unread post by Schweineschnute » 2017-08-18, 16:20

I'm referring to this one https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/hidetab/ - it doesn't seem to be able to run with pale moon, even in compatibility mode even with the older versions. Is there something that offers a comparable functionality yet? I don't mean to hide the tab bar, just individual tabs (imagine you are browsing social media at work)

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: [Privacy] Old "HideTab" Firefox extension on Pale Moon?

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-08-18, 17:13

I had no problem installing HideTab 1.7.1-signed.1-signed and it works fine.
If you can't download (right click and "save link as") Then you need to disable java script on the page and reload.

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Schweineschnute

Unread post by Schweineschnute » 2017-08-21, 16:24

billmcct wrote:I had no problem installing HideTab 1.7.1-signed.1-signed and it works fine.
If you can't download (right click and "save link as") Then you need to disable java script on the page and reload.

Bill
Oh thank you very much. Disabling Javascript allows for quite a few extensions to be installed when the script would tell me it's incompatible. That's a neat trick :thumbup:

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-08-21, 17:27

JustOff has updated his Moon tester Tool so now you want have to disable java script if the tool is installed. Even if it's greyed out you can still right click > "save link as".

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/moon-tester-tool/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda