Memory Fox Pro (64-bit)

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

IDEVFH

Memory Fox Pro (64-bit)

Post by IDEVFH » 2012-11-09, 00:02

Hi to All,

I began coding an addon called FlashNRelease. I needed to modify some code that wasn't a good method by deletion of the plugin-container. So, I decided to stop the modification and instead code for a version using 64bit browsers. This resulted in Memory Fox Pro 1.0 that is for 64bit browsers including Palemoon 32bit or Palemoon 64bit.

Memory Fox Pro 1.0 is a Desktop System Tray application for Windows 64bit OS only.

From the various comments left on Palemoon's forum, there are some that really don't like these types of addons for their browser. This is understandable for me to appreciate a user's opinion.

What I've personally noticed about the Flash container, is that it will run idle when a flash movie or audio file had completed its play, thus, leaving its ram memory orphaned. Memory Fox Pro 1.0 will make a request to the Windows Memory Manager to reduces or empties Browser and Plugin Containers working sets. I'll let everyone be a judge for their own usage in making a legitimate statement of usage.

If you'd like to help me, it will be greatly appreciated !

Please reply back and state whatever test scenario you'd use, of which I could duplicate to improve Memory Fox Pro 1.0.
p.s. There is a habitual API call from just about every Windows application which does create a memory accumulation on the calling process. I've not include that effort to stop the issue in this version, maybe later.

If you'd like to try it, below is the link. I use Dropbox for the download site.

http://bit.ly/Ykm22g

Note: VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware. All files ( Memory Fox Pro 1.0 and Installer have been scanned with VirusTotal 0/0 https://www.virustotal.com/

Thanks to any that will help me test out !

Regards,
IDEVFH

IDEVFH

Re: Memory Fox Pro (64-bit)

Post by IDEVFH » 2012-11-14, 13:09

Hi,

Thanks to all for testing !

Regards,
IDEVFH

lyceus
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Post by lyceus » 2012-11-15, 05:00

IDEVFH wrote: From the various comments left on Palemoon's forum, there are some that really don't like these types of addons for their browser. This is understandable for me to appreciate a user's opinion.
Hi!

All the hype from the memory managers, came from one user that come here to bash Palemoon browser against FireFox + Firemin about usage of memory. Firemin is a program that always try to squeeze the memory used for firefox often beyond good terms that may lead in crashes. When compared one to one both browsers, they use the equivalent memory in daily use.

I cannot say that we don't like addons for Palemoon, just that the guy came here with wrong arguments. For my side I am unable to use the addon, since I use Windows XP 64 and the last version do not target this version of Windows anymore. But other people can try to addon and tell you how works.

Best regards,
Lobocursor

IDEVFH

Post by IDEVFH » 2012-11-20, 15:36

Hi,

Corrected some code and installer with additional browsers added.

Current Memory Fox Pro is version 1.0.1.0

All are welcome to try Memory Fox Pro for Palemoon http://bit.ly/TzRlQu

Regards,
IDEVFH