Downloading from AMO in PM

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Downloading from AMO in PM

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-08-14, 12:41

I know that for many of you, you can no longer download the latest extensions from AMO using PM.
Yeah, I know you can use another Browser.
I have found a way to still download extensions from AMO using PM if you have "DownThemAll" installed.
Right click on the "Add to Firefox" link and select "DTA".
When the box opens sort on the "Description" tab then look at the links under "Description" saying "Add to Firefox".
The correct link should end in "Version". Select it and click "Start"

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Downloading from AMO in PM

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-08-14, 15:01

I suppose the title should read:
Downloading incompatable Addons from AMO in PM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-15, 01:24

That was very handy. Thanks.

Another workaround is to use NoScript to turn off javascript for mozilla.org (either temporarily or permanently). Then the download links work. A side effect is that you may also some links become three links (one apiece for Windows, Mac, and Linux). The reviews disappear from the front page, but you can still get to them through a link, too.

I have DownThemAll installed in SeaMonkey, but not in Pale Moon, so I use the NoScript method.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-08-18, 20:34

I just updated Moon Tester Tool with workaround that unlocks download of incompatible add-ons versions from AMO using "Save Link As…" from context menu.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-08-18, 21:07

Excellent, seems to work fine. Tried three incompatible addons and was able to get all three.
Thanks, makes things a little easier.

Bill
Tommy Lasorda

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2017-09-19, 21:51

I’m a bit confused… So addons that Mozilla say are incompatible are in fact compatible?
Or is this strictly about downloading, and not using the addons?