Reader extension--where is icon? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Reader extension--where is icon?

Unread post by paulri » 2017-08-13, 22:00

I have installed the Reader extension (http://barisderin.com/?p=372), but I cannot see the icon to click, to get a Reader view. Using it with another browser brought pretty decent results, and I'd like to try it with PM. Is it working properly for anyone, and if so, how to you trigger it?

Oh wait I just right clicked and saw it in the context menu. Does it put an icon on the toolbar to click on? I am used to doing this to get it working. I can right click, but if there is an icon somewhere, I'd prefer that.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Reader extension--where is icon?

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-08-13, 22:54

I have just installed the extension and an icon appears to the right of pale moons search box.
Have you tried using the customise function in PM to see if the icon is present in there.?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-08-13, 23:06

OK, I did what you said and put the icon up on my toolbar.

Thanks.

After using it, I lose the ability to click on a link if I revert to the non-Reader form of the page, but that is going to be a rare occurence--one that I think I can live with.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-08-13, 23:12

Hmm. Just noticed also, that did much worse at rendering a page than Clearly, which has stopped development for the last 6 months at least. I think I'll disable this one.

But thanks anyways.
Paul