SavedSearchButton

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Vitasta

SavedSearchButton

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-19, 15:38

With this addon you can change the History window from
withoutSavedSearch.PNG
into
withSavedSearch.PNG
But we can no longer download it from Firefox's addon page. But I have it into my Firefox profile. It is not an *xpi- File. It is a folder in "extensions".

This is a zip of that folder:
savedsearchbutton@alice0775.zip
(12.94 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
To get this addon in an other Firefox profile I can simply copy this folder into "extensions" in the new Firefox profile. I tryied this out also for Pale Moon. But I was not able to get this addon in use this way. It does even not appear in the addon list.

Question:
Is it possible to use this addon in Pale Moon?

Thank you.

Vitasta

JustOff

Re: SavedSearchButton

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-19, 17:35

Vitasta wrote:Is it possible to use this addon in Pale Moon?
You don't need any extensions to limit the scope or save the search results - these functions are already present in the Library in Pale Moon:
palemoon_2017-07-19_20-26-16.png

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-19, 17:48

Ah OK. I see. It's great. Thank you.

TarekJor

Unread post by TarekJor » 2018-02-22, 22:25

Thanks for this @Vitasta, do you have any "deleted by own authors" important addons (.xpi files), I know at least this from WhiteAlice:

Go To Parent Folder, SavedSearchButton, Show Parent Folder

Andy Halford ones like:

CheckPlaces, SyncPlaces, SortPlaces
SearchPlaces (very useful one to use with SavedSearchButton and "smart folders" of bookmarks)

Kudos for FirefoxPlaces (history, bookmarks) related ones

Note: I am working on backup and preserve .xpi files (last stable version of major and very important working addons), thanks to @JustOff too for their archive addon, in addition to this I think a "transparent" AMO API must provide some changelog to detect what addons are deleted by own authors, this is open source and author credit is imptorant but more important is "prevent own authors killing their creations" :D
Last edited by TarekJor on 2018-02-22, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.