Addon "Document Font Toggle"

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Vitasta

Addon "Document Font Toggle"

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-15, 13:49

Hi,

I come directly from Firefox and want to try out Pale Moon in the hope it is more stable and needs less RAM.

In my old firefox profile I have the following addon "Document Font Toggle".
With this addon I can change between the user defined font and the font from the homepage with one click.

I wanted to add this addon into Pale Moon. But then I discovered, that this addon was removed through the developer from the mozilla addon website. https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... nt-toggle/

So I have it still in Firefox and it works in firefox 54. It was last updatet in september 2015.

Question:
Is there a way to get it from my firefox profile into Pale Moon?

Thank you.

Vitasta

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Addon "Document Font Toggle"

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-07-15, 15:09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-15, 15:28

To install "Document Font Toggle" addon from Firefox profile into Pale Moon follow these steps:
  1. Open Firefox, enter about:support into location bar and press Enter
  2. Click to "Open Folder" button to open Firefox profile in Windows Explorer
  3. Change folder to extensions, copy dft@dietrich.cx.xpi file and save it somewhere
  4. Open Pale Moon and install Moon Tester Tool add-on
  5. Go to about:addons, open "Moon Tester Tool" options and then "Select file..."
  6. Select dft@dietrich.cx.xpi from step 3.
Note:
  • Do not forget to read all the warnings and restrictions for Moon Tester Tool
  • I give this instruction to you only because I already checked that "Document Font Toggle" works well when installed this way

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-15, 17:36

@JustOff

Thank you. I tried this out.
Result: Not able to install because it is Jetpack/SDK addon:
Pale Moon Addon Error.PNG

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-15, 18:34

Vitasta wrote:Result: Not able to install because it is Jetpack/SDK addon
It seems that your copy of the add-on was packaged using old toolchain. Here is the build made using the modern one, it will be installed without errors.

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-15, 18:50

Thank you. This version works great. I like it.

In the mean time I have deactivated Moon Tester Tool. And I am surprised: Now it works nevertheless. (?)

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-15, 19:02

@Vitasta
you may even uninstall it 8-)

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-15, 19:11

OK. Thank you.

What is with this addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... src=search
(You can save the wohle webpage in one single file with this addon.)

First I wanted to make an entry for this addon in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5883&start=80

But there is written, that we can report further addons in the "compatibility board".
I was not able to find the "compatibility board" to report this.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-15, 19:26

Vitasta wrote:What is with this addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... src=search
This add-on made using WebExtensions, Pale Moon does not support this type of extensions.
(You can save the wohle webpage in one single file with this addon.)
Take a look at MozArchiver.
I was not able to find the "compatibility board" to report this.
Use forum search and open new topic if required. Known Incompatible Add-ons page can be also useful.

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-15, 19:42

Thank you for the link of MozArchiver.

But not sure if I will use it. "Save Page WE" makes a single file which is in html.

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-16, 06:44

@billmcct

Addon Exporter seems not to work in Firefox:
Addon Exporter.PNG
There is no export Button after the restart.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-07-16, 08:01

Vitasta wrote:@billmcct

Addon Exporter seems not to work in Firefox:
Addon Exporter.PNG
There is no export Button after the restart.
I knew it didn't work in Palemoon, but thought it would in FF since it was written for it.
After looking again, this was the ONLY release of the addon besides a beta version and it hasn't been updated since it's release on 05/28/2014.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-16, 08:23

OK.

In general, when I want to move an Addon from Firefox to Pale Moon without using Moon Tester Tool can I then simply copy it from Firefox Profile to Pale Moon Profile and then start Pale Moon. Or are other steps needed?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-16, 10:51

Vitasta wrote:can I then simply copy it from Firefox Profile to Pale Moon Profile and then start Pale Moon?
Theoretically yes, but this is not the best way to migrate since you will probably need versions different from installed in Firefox.

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-17, 12:02

JustOff wrote:
Vitasta wrote:can I then simply copy it from Firefox Profile to Pale Moon Profile and then start Pale Moon?
Theoretically yes, but this is not the best way to migrate since you will probably need versions different from installed in Firefox.
No , this seems not to work.
I copied http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 1884113028 (Cleanlinks) into the folder "extensions" of my Pale Moon profile. Then I closed Pale Moon and started it again. Now CleanLinks Addon was not part of the addon list.

But I found out how it works:
When we have saved any *.xpi anywhere, we must go to File->open File and choose this *.xpi. Now it will be installed.

I was able to install Clean Links version 2.8a1 with "File->open File".

Question:
When we install addons via webpage, Pale Moon gives a warning when it is not compatible. Does Pale Moon also give a warning when we use the "File->open File" way?

Vitasta

Unread post by Vitasta » 2017-07-22, 14:50

Vitasta wrote:
JustOff wrote:
No , this seems not to work.
Correction: In the meantime I found that the most extensions work this way.