NoScript 5.0.6... Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Souris

Re: NoScript 5.0.6...

Unread post by Souris » 2017-08-22, 22:48

Hi

This is my 1st post here and as a long-term user of NoScript myself, I thought you might like to know that you can get the latest version, 5.0.9, from MajorGeeks here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/noscript.html

Just click on "Download@Authors site" (the MajorGeeks site download may be fine too) and it does! It's more or less the same as downloading any other add-on, you get the little window about installing only from people you trust as usual, click install and you should have NoScript 5.0.9 after a restart of Pale Moon.

I hope you find this useful.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-23, 11:06

Souris wrote:I thought you might like to know that you can get the latest version, 5.0.9

But is it compatible with Pale Moon? It looks like the developer is working on WebExt migration.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-08-23, 12:02

Anything after 5.0.6 gives me a handful of errors on my terminal when launcing Pale Moon (although it does not seem to affect functionality of the extension). So, I created my own xpi using avian2's github repo for NoScript. Publishing it here in case someone finds it useful.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yyhzvytsqbte ... e.xpi?dl=1
This build is basically version 5.0.6 with fix for "der-postillon.com" (fixed in 5.0.8).
Please be advised that running older versions of security software is not recommended and can be harmful.

I hope I'm not violating any policies. In case I am, please suggest action.

Souris

Unread post by Souris » 2017-08-25, 01:50

But is it compatible with Pale Moon?
I doubt if I would have been able to install it if it wasn’t! The browser would block it in that case. Anyway, NS 5.0.9 is working normally on this browser - Pale Moon 27.4.2 - as it does elsewhere.

Joskapista

Unread post by Joskapista » 2017-08-26, 21:48

I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but for me NoScript 5 causes random crashes when accessing sites. Almost any site, including even Wikipedia. It took a long while till I figured out the culprit for these crashes, becouse I totally didn't suspect Noscript.
So I'd say NoScript 5 is not compatible with Palemoon. Stick with 2.9.0.14!

(On a sidenote: Palemoon really needs to improve it's compatibility with FF addons, becouse those addons give the charm of FF-like browsers.)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-08-26, 21:53

Joskapista wrote
(On a sidenote: Palemoon really needs to improve it's compatibility with FF addons
That's the responsibility of the add-on developers, not the browser.

Joskapista

Unread post by Joskapista » 2017-08-26, 22:32

My browser just crashed again, this time with the older version of NoScript, when I tried to access blog.hu. It seems it might not the 5.0.6 version be the problem, but all versions. But why does NoScript crash Palemoon at all?

(I will start a new thread for this issue becouse I don't want to derail this thread.)