Update XPI

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

buggy

Update XPI

Unread post by buggy » 2012-10-31, 10:25

Drag your old xpi files here, it works well even with Pale Moon, i just tried: http://mundogeek.net/update-xpi/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Update XPI

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-31, 10:33

Nice one, saves manual editing!

Do keep in mind that this will not magically transform an add-on to something that is guaranteed to function, it will change the installation information inside the .xpi only. Add-ons that are truly incompatible beyond the "version number" in the meta-information will remain incompatible.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

buggy

Unread post by buggy » 2012-10-31, 13:44

Yes i know you're right, not for too old add-on of course, in waiting after an (eventual) update... i prefer updated occasionally an xpi i trust instead of disable the compatibility and worse instead to install manually a crap freshly uploaded founded on the Mozilla Add-ons' Repair. A drag and a click it's faster and it's not a drama i think.

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-10-31, 14:22

Hey, as I tend to do a lot of manual xpi updating, this looks useful and would save a lot of hassle, I'll give it a try - cheers.:)

buggy

Unread post by buggy » 2012-10-31, 15:12

Give me the feedback after, i have not so many files to update. It looks great the forum now in orange & black color by default, great with my 8 Ultimo 2.3.3 8-)