Splashed! [support topic]

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, Andrew Gilbertson

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Splashed! [support topic]

Postby FranklinDM » Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 03:21

I don't know if this is the right category/forum to post this but here.
Splashed!
Splashed! is a fork of the old Splash! add-on for Firefox which has been long abandoned and unmaintained for Firefox 5+. Need a splash screen while you wait? Old (and maybe some) applications have splash screens to let the user know that there's something happening. Supports Pale Moon, Thunderbird/FossaMail, and maybe SeaMonkey in the future.

Download:
PM Add-ons site or at the repository

Notes:
To make the background of the splash transparent you must go to the add-on's options, under background, put "transparent" as the background.

For other questions, feel free to post here.

Thanks.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Splashed! [support topic]

Postby LimboSlam » Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 19:56

Oh wow!! :thumbup: I have never seen anything like this, at least not done with the browser.

At first, I was confused and then curious, so I gave it a try. May I make a suggestion? I think you should give a better definition of your add-on, cause I never new you called that a splash screen or have seen one in a long time.

Question:
How would this work on the portable version of Pale Moon? I believe it already comes with a splash screen of itself.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

half-moon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby half-moon » Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 22:35

No issues so far with this extension.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Postby FranklinDM » Wed, 05 Jul 2017, 07:14

LimboSlam wrote:Question:
How would this work on the portable version of Pale Moon? I believe it already comes with a splash screen of itself.

Yup, it would still work with the portable version since the splash screen in PM-Portable is spawn from a separate executable, not PM itself. Btw I have updated the description in the add-ons page.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Wed, 05 Jul 2017, 12:19

If you want to replace the splash screen in the portable with the one provided by the extension instead of having them double up, you can change the following in palemoon-portable.ini:

1. Find the [Options] section in the .ini (near the bottom)
  2. Find the line ShowSplash=true
  3. Change true to false
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

Latitude
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Latitude » Wed, 05 Jul 2017, 21:40

Moonchild wrote:If you want to replace the splash screen in the portable with the one provided by the extension instead of having them double up, you can change the following in palemoon-portable.ini:

1. Find the [Options] section in the .ini (near the bottom)
  2. Find the line ShowSplash=true
  3. Change true to false

But, not in install version?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Wed, 05 Jul 2017, 21:58

Latitude wrote:But, not in install version?

... Maybe a little dense today? :)
The install version doesn't come with a splash screen.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

Alex77
New to the forum
New to the forum

Postby Alex77 » Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 17:24

Whoa, thanks for resurrecting the Splash extension, missed that since a long time. And thanks also for the Moonscape theme!

So finally I got my good old Netscape splash back: ;)

Just one thing: The "Windows Style" settings don't seem to have any effect. No matter what I put in, like padding, margin or border values, there's no change in appearance. Not a big deal though, I'm satisfied how it looks now anyway, so just saying.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Postby FranklinDM » Fri, 29 Dec 2017, 14:45

Alex77 wrote:Just one thing: The "Windows Style" settings don't seem to have any effect. No matter what I put in, like padding, margin or border values, there's no change in appearance. Not a big deal though, I'm satisfied how it looks now anyway, so just saying.

I can't confirm. Can I see the code you placed into the Window Style?

Aside from that, a new release is now up: v1.1.1
  • Provide support for Basilisk and SeaMonkey
    • Splashed! will now work on these applications ^
    • However, transparency is not working and will cause a black rectangle to appear. Setting the splash to transparent will not work and will resort to showing a gray background color (depends on your system - this bug is not present in Pale Moon/FossaMail)

I wasn't able to post a changelog for the previous release (v1.1.0) but the notable ones are:
  • The -splash cmd arg is now restored
    • Means that even if splash is disabled in the options window, you can force show it by using this command line argument
  • Add new pref (splash.notOnURL)
    • To prevent showing splash if browser was launched with -url flag

Alex77
New to the forum
New to the forum

Postby Alex77 » Sat, 30 Dec 2017, 09:17

It's working now! Made a new Pale Moon installation, don't know if it was the update to 1.1.1. or some problem with the old installation, but now the window settings show effect. Thanks again! :)

Return to “Browser extensions”