Odd RefreshBlocker behavior

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

29 Skidoo

Odd RefreshBlocker behavior

Unread post by 29 Skidoo » 2017-06-07, 09:37

I am now finding that RefreshBlocker is breaking the Google Translate site.

I have tried whitelisting https://translate.google.com/ and https://translate.googleusercontent.com/ -- but I still get that big yellow blocked URL box. I've tried the 'Target URL" and "Current URL" options to no avail; the box always appears, and the translation never occurs.

With "Target URL" or "Current URL" selected, clicking on the link in the yellow box takes me right out of Google Translate and displays the original language page (with the original language source's URL in the location bar at the top of the browser). This began recently -- it used to behave properly. Now, the only way I can used Google Translate to operate (and probably other sites too, I'd imagine), is to disable RefreshBlocker -- not really a viable solution each time I need to visit a site affected by this new behavior.

Here is an example page.

Here is what I get:
RefreshBlocker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Odd RefreshBlocker behavior

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-09, 14:12

Please contact the extension developer for support and enhancements.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

29 Skidoo

Re: Odd RefreshBlocker behavior

Unread post by 29 Skidoo » 2017-06-10, 22:24

Just to help me understand -- is this a PM issue, or an RB issue? (i.e., does RB need to be tweaked to be "PM-friendly", or is it just a bug in RB?)