extension to imitate new firefox search? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

llkjdsaB

extension to imitate new firefox search?

Unread post by llkjdsaB » 2017-05-20, 00:54

Although initially I didn't like it, I have come to appreciate the newer Firefox search box behavior. Since switching to Palemoon for various reasons, I've missed it. Is there an extension which will change this for me, or a setting in Palemoon? Specifically, I like being able to search either with my default choice by pressing enter, or with a different one by clicking it, without changing the default.

Thehandyman1957

Re: extension to imitate new firefox search?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-05-20, 05:27

Not sure if this would work for you but this is what I use.

SearchLoad Options Revived 0.7.4.2

Gives me these options.
Screenshot - 5_19_2017 , 10_25_13 PM.png

llkjdsaB

Unread post by llkjdsaB » 2017-05-23, 00:51

Thanks, I did have a look at that earlier, but it doesn't provide the options I want.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-23, 01:00

llkjdsaB wrote:Thanks, I did have a look at that earlier, but it doesn't provide the options I want.
And what exactly are those options? Please give more details, it'll help us out.

Thanks. :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

llkjdsaB

Unread post by llkjdsaB » 2017-05-23, 18:48

SearchLoad Options Revived does do one thing I want in a different way (reset the search provider after use). The other thing I would like is to have the search provider menu pop up when I start typing (but allow me to continue typing), and search when I click a provider. Currently, my default is Google. To search with Wikipedia, I would have to: type the search term, open the provider menu, click wikipedia, press enter → it searches. What I want is: type the search term, click wikipedia → it searches.

Edit: I see my image doesn't work in the first post. Here it is again, uploaded to the forum instead of another host.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-05-19_17-58-11.png

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-05-23, 19:35

llkjdsaB wrote:SearchLoad Options Revived does do one thing I want in a different way (reset the search provider after use). The other thing I would like is to have the search provider menu pop up when I start typing (but allow me to continue typing), and search when I click a provider. Currently, my default is Google. To search with Wikipedia, I would have to: type the search term, open the provider menu, click wikipedia, press enter → it searches. What I want is: type the search term, click wikipedia → it searches.

Edit: I see my image doesn't work in the first post. Here it is again, uploaded to the forum instead of another host.
I use this addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ne-change/

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-23, 20:24

This particularly function sounds similar to Organize Search Engines: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15209&p=110068. Although, it has been removed from AMO and possibly the GitHub repo. But, I might have an extra copy or at least someone here does.

May I suggest using keywords for your search engines?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

llkjdsaB

Unread post by llkjdsaB » 2017-05-24, 00:18

billmcct wrote:
llkjdsaB wrote:SearchLoad Options Revived does do one thing I want in a different way (reset the search provider after use). The other thing I would like is to have the search provider menu pop up when I start typing (but allow me to continue typing), and search when I click a provider. Currently, my default is Google. To search with Wikipedia, I would have to: type the search term, open the provider menu, click wikipedia, press enter → it searches. What I want is: type the search term, click wikipedia → it searches.

I use this addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ne-change/

Bill
SearchLoad Options + Search on Engine Change looks very close to what I want. Thanks for your help.