Encrypted Web's github repo is down...

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

half-moon

Encrypted Web's github repo is down...

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-05-07, 13:10

Encrypted Web's github repo is down, so I guess the extension is done for. Does the more up-to-date HTTPS-Everywhere extension work in Pale Moon yet?

JustOff

Re: Encrypted Web's github repo is down...

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-05-07, 15:26

Honestly I think HTTPS Everywhere is pretty useless (just like all EFF add-ons :mrgreen:), especially this days. But you can try to install it using Moon Tester Tool (updated today, ensure you are using latest version).

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-07, 15:42

You could also try installing Smart HTTPS via Moon Tester Tool, however I haven't tried it myself and the author cites performance issues (compared to their new WebExtension version, at least).

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-05-07, 17:21

JustOff wrote:Honestly I think HTTPS Everywhere is pretty useless (just like all EFF add-ons :mrgreen:), especially this days. But you can try to install it using Moon Tester Tool (updated today, ensure you are using latest version).
That! :thumbup:
Fully agree with you, even if its sad.

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-05-08, 01:59

For some sites, they don't load in HTTPS by default; so yeah HTTPS-Everywhere is actually useful.

lightning slinger

Unread post by lightning slinger » 2017-05-08, 10:50

I've been using Encrypted Web since squarefractal developed it, mostly writing my own rules for specific sites or using some newer rules from the HTTPS Everywhere Atlas on the EFF site.
Personally I agree with half-moon in thinking it has a use.

What I have found is that the current EFF's HTTPS-Everywhere 5.2.15 does install and appears to work correctly in PM 27.3.0 using the Moon Tester Tool, although I have only done limited testing so far. Download the Firefox version .xpi from EFF.