Greedy Cache issue

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

JustOff

Re: Greedy Cache issue

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-12-01, 14:32

fillerup wrote:is it possible to exempt certain sites from Greedy Cache?
Try 1.2.0b1, but note that images and scripts are often loaded from domains that do not match the url in the location bar, so you need to use developer tools to find the ones you want to exclude.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-12-03, 09:16

JustOff wrote:Try 1.2.0b1, but note that images and scripts are often loaded from domains that do not match the url in the location bar, so you need to use developer tools to find the ones you want to exclude.
sensational! :clap:

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-12-04, 20:21

fillerup, does this solve your problem?

alex04
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by alex04 » 2017-12-13, 18:53

fillerup wrote:is it possible to exempt certain sites from Greedy Cache? it's breaking functionality on one particular website i frequent
can you tell us what website that is?

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-12-14, 08:22

JustOff wrote:fillerup, does this solve your problem?
alex04 wrote:can you tell us what website that is?
play.pokemonshowdown.org, but apparently Greedy Cache is only part of the problem, or even not at all. very peculiar situation that i haven't had time to sit down and figure out

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-01-29, 03:07

JustOff wrote:fillerup, does this solve your problem?
so i can confirm that GreedyCache is indeed the culprit. somehow, it disrupts/prevents my connection to the web game server of that site. i don't play any other web-based games that utilize server connections so i can't tell you if this behavior would be consistent in similar cases

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-07-02, 03:15

btw JustOff do you plan on making this addon work with Basilisk? i'm taking it for a test run (along with Waterfox and Slimjet, in lieu of the big shakeup that is Pale Moon 28) and this is one of the more important addons that are currently incompatible.

MoonMadness

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2018-07-02, 15:29

It is ??? (incompatible, I mean?) I'm using Greedy Cache on v28 without an issue.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-07-02, 21:00

fillerup wrote:btw JustOff do you plan on making this addon work with Basilisk?
To be honest, I had no such intention.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-07-02, 23:26

MoonMadness wrote:It is ??? (incompatible, I mean?) I'm using Greedy Cache on v28 without an issue.
fillerup wrote:btw JustOff do you plan on making this addon work with Basilisk? i'm taking it [Basilisk] for a test run ... and this is one of the more important addons that are currently incompatible.
The emphasis is my own.

MoonMadness: Basilisk ≠ Pale Moon 28.

They share a platform (UXP), but are different applications, with different interfaces and feature sets, and not all add-ons are compatible with both.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-07-03, 01:45

JustOff wrote:To be honest, I had no such intention.
i understand!

MoonMadness

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2018-07-03, 13:59

SpockFan02 wrote:
MoonMadness wrote:It is ??? (incompatible, I mean?) I'm using Greedy Cache on v28 without an issue.
fillerup wrote:btw JustOff do you plan on making this addon work with Basilisk? i'm taking it [Basilisk] for a test run ... and this is one of the more important addons that are currently incompatible.
The emphasis is my own.

MoonMadness: Basilisk ≠ Pale Moon 28.

They share a platform (UXP), but are different applications, with different interfaces and feature sets, and not all add-ons are compatible with both.
I actually misread - my bad. I wasn't even thinking Basilisk. My mind was saying v28.
:(

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-07-03, 16:33

MoonMadness wrote:I actually misread - my bad. I wasn't even thinking Basilisk. My mind was saying v28.
:(
On the bright side: You can use Greedy Cache on v28 without an issue! :D