inforss reloaded - palemoon version of inforss

Dedicated board for extension releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: inforss reloaded - palemoon version of inforss

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-06-28, 19:41

Just quick confirmation that when you go to options/advanced/debug , the 'log error in console' is on (I presume display popup on screen is also on). If not, switch it on.

Then go to the palemoon Tools/Web Developer => Browser console (not the error console)

Make sure everything under the 'js' (yellow button) pop is clicked and ditto for the logging (gray button). Yes, these seem to duplicate each other, and I'm not sure if they're both necessary, but it's how I have mine. And yes, I realise inforss logging is dire!

You should I imagine see a message in the browser console when (just after) that popup happens (and you should occasionally see messages from inforss as it goes about its business). The message should include a full stack trace. The line you get in the popup is where it catches the exception and pops up the message which isn't entirely helpful.

If I can't get anything from that it may be worth sending me your inforss.xml in a pm

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-07-06, 07:24

Released 2.2.0.3 which fixes the error box caused by menu wizard extension calling an onclick callback without a triggerNode in the event and removes the flexible space which had crept onto the status bar

Thanks to silv7k for keeping me on my toes!

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2019-07-11, 03:47

Found this on the PM Add-ons site, except the "Find add-ons..." search box did not work as expected. For "rss" it listed only Sage and Bamboo, not Info. For "info" and "inforss" it gave no results. Can search terms be added to Phoebus, maybe?

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-07-11, 19:49

Ohh. I've added rss, atom, news and headlines keywords - and inforss which seems odd.

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

inforss reloaded - new release

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2020-05-23, 08:29

Following on from this topic. I've released a new version (2.3.0.1) of inforss. This is also compatible with palemoon 29.

Among other thing, the option window code has been subject to major refactoring, and some of the behaviour has been improved - or at least made more consistent

The way the headline bar scrolls headlines has also been given a bit of love, and the occasional occurrence of headlines overwriting each other has hopefully been corrected.

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

inforss reloaded v 2.3.1.0 released

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2023-05-25, 19:31

This has had a bunch of annoying bugs fixed (some of which have been reported by other people!) and now works on waterfox, though for how long is unclear... I've also updated the min supported version of palemoon to 32.2.0.0 and the max to 33.

Highlights:
  • Tooltips on headlines in the popup menu now match those on scrollbar (and will play podcasts!)
  • Updating the config from the option screen doesn't result
  • Log messages are (usually) classified
  • Option to refresh information for a feed, which will update URLs and the favicon, and takes account of temporary redirects
Change log here

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

inforss reloaded v2.3.2.0 released

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2024-02-17, 07:19

Highlights:
  • Options window works on linux
  • Installs on seamonkey
For a full list of changes see the change log