inforss reloaded - palemoon version of inforss

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

thosrtanner
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: inforss reloaded - palemoon version of inforss

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-06-28, 19:41

Just quick confirmation that when you go to options/advanced/debug , the 'log error in console' is on (I presume display popup on screen is also on). If not, switch it on.

Then go to the palemoon Tools/Web Developer => Browser console (not the error console)

Make sure everything under the 'js' (yellow button) pop is clicked and ditto for the logging (gray button). Yes, these seem to duplicate each other, and I'm not sure if they're both necessary, but it's how I have mine. And yes, I realise inforss logging is dire!

You should I imagine see a message in the browser console when (just after) that popup happens (and you should occasionally see messages from inforss as it goes about its business). The message should include a full stack trace. The line you get in the popup is where it catches the exception and pops up the message which isn't entirely helpful.

If I can't get anything from that it may be worth sending me your inforss.xml in a pm

thosrtanner
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-07-06, 07:24

Released 2.2.0.3 which fixes the error box caused by menu wizard extension calling an onclick callback without a triggerNode in the event and removes the flexible space which had crept onto the status bar

Thanks to silv7k for keeping me on my toes!

Bilbo47
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2019-07-11, 03:47

Found this on the PM Add-ons site, except the "Find add-ons..." search box did not work as expected. For "rss" it listed only Sage and Bamboo, not Info. For "info" and "inforss" it gave no results. Can search terms be added to Phoebus, maybe?

thosrtanner
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-07-11, 19:49

Ohh. I've added rss, atom, news and headlines keywords - and inforss which seems odd.