Cookie Exterminator

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Cookie Exterminator

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-04-16, 20:09

I have just installed this extension in PM.
Please forgive my ignorance on this but what advantages does this bring.?

Why would i not just untick accept cookies from sites and whitelist sites i wish to set cookies.?
whats the real difference and pros of using this extension.

Thanks.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

dark_moon

Re: Cookie Exterminator

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-16, 20:12

Block cookies will break websites and make you more trackable because the sites then use other tracking stuff.

Cookie Exterminator allow the cookies so you have the best browsing experience, but delete the site cookies if you close the tab.
So this reduze your tracking and reduze website problems. Also Cookie Exterminator delete the local storage for the sites.

PhilK

Unread post by PhilK » 2017-04-16, 23:11

dark_moon wrote:Also Cookie Exterminator delete the local storage for the sites.
I think that's a useful feature, but I don't understand local storage very well.

I assume the feature under Options/Advanced/Network that is labeled: "The following websites are allowed to store data for offline use:" is our only built-in way to see if anything might be stored in Local Storage, correct?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-17, 01:55

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite