Open in Firefox

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

pmBill

Open in Firefox

Unread post by pmBill » 2017-03-31, 20:16

For the now increasing number of websites that Pale Moon doesn't work on,
we really need an "Open in Firefox" extension like the "Open in Internet Explorer" extension.

And/or "Open in Opera" and "Open in Chrome".

mseliger
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Open in Firefox

Unread post by mseliger » 2017-03-31, 20:32

Hello pmBill,

try the last version of the add-on "Open With", Version 6.8.1. It will work with Pale Moon.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... open-with/

There you can add your own programs to open a link or a website. Look at the configuration of the add-on.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Greetings
Maria
---
Ich bin ein Westfale, und zwar ein Stockwestfale, nämlich ein Münsterländer – Gott sei Dank! füge ich hinzu ...
Annette von Droste zu Hülshoff, Bei uns zu Lande auf dem Lande

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-01, 08:13

I use the Open With 5.6.3.1-signed extension (as mentioned above) which by right-clicking on the website page tab in PM the add-on provides a choice in the right-click context menu of the list of all the other browsers I have installed (FF, IE, Opera, Chrome) to choose from to open that webpage from the PM browser tab (see screen-shot below).

This way I us Pale Moon as my default (which I prefer) but whenever a website does not work I have the option to open the same page in a browser of my choice of all the browsers I have installed. This helps with testing websites as well as I find that the same webpage may only work in some of the browsers i.e. only Bink engines (Opera, Chrome) or only Trident engines (IE) etc.
Example after right-click on the PM tab (lists all other browsers installed)
Example after right-click on the PM tab (lists all other browsers installed)
Open With.png (13.82 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-04-10, 15:29

Just out of curiousity.
What about if the sites dont work in those browsers either...?

I never saw the point in having more than 1 browser installed.

And also i see no need for such an extension because if firefox or IE are installed then why would we not simply copy the offending link and paste it into the chosen browser.?.

This seems like a lazy persons add on.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-04-10, 16:05

Moonraker wrote:JAnd also i see no need for such an extension because if firefox or IE are installed then why would we not simply copy the offending link and paste it into the chosen browser.?
it's much faster than doing it your way..

also, "open with" allows you to open the link in ANY program, with additional parameters if you desire. this is extremely helpful if you have programs that can take advantage of it. i.e. opening a video link in vlc, downloading an youtube playlist link with youtube-dl, add a blog page to an rss program.. the possibilities are as endless as your creativity allows