Tab duplication - conflicting add-ons? (Tree Style Tabs + Tab Mix Plus)

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Veyska
Moongazer
Moongazer

Tab duplication - conflicting add-ons? (Tree Style Tabs + Tab Mix Plus)

Unread post by Veyska » 2017-03-29, 07:03

So I had most of a post written up in reply to a thread over in a different sub-forum talking about Tree Style Tab, asking if anyone else was having issues with tab duplication breaking and had just written out the Tab Mix Plus shortcut command to say it wasn't working either when I went "Hmm". Disabled TMP and lo and behold middle-clicking stuff like Refresh or Back/Forward was working again. I might write that off as TMP breaking TST... except disabling TST made the tab duplication work even with TMP enabled. Something weird's going on here and it started when I (finally) got around to updating to 27.X for Pale Moon and subsequently needed to update from the last compatible version of TST to the PM fork thereof.

Anyone got any clues? I can live without TMP a heck of a lot easier than I can TST, but there were a few incidental features of TMP that it would be nice to have (potentially more, I've had both of them installed for long enough that other than the obvious features their behavior's just an assumed default for me...).

Scenarios in which tab duplication works - TMP enabled and TST disabled, TST enabled and TMP disabled, both disabled (was in Safe Mode to make sure something in PM hadn't broken)
Scenarios in which tab duplication doesn't work - TMP and TST both enabled

(Brief attempt to see if running both the Firefox and PM versions of TST would solve anything, since the Firefox version had no issues with tab duplication, failed to accomplish anything of note - whichever version was most recently installed was active and the other just pretended to be active but did nothing.)
Thanks for seven years of browsing but too many sites I need don't work in PM these days and while yes fight the good fight against browser monoculture I just don't feel *comfortable* posting on these forums anymore...

fillerup

Re: Tab duplication - conflicting add-ons? (Tree Style Tabs + Tab Mix Plus)

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-03-29, 07:17

i am using oinkoink's TST fork for Pale Moon (0.0.2) and Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.8 as the newest 0.5.0.2 seems to be incompatible with TST. all functions that i use work perfectly, including middle clicking refresh and back/forward. never used tab duplication so i wouldn't know how to test it, but it should be identical to middle clicking refresh unless i'm missing something

Veyska
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by Veyska » 2017-03-29, 07:43

fillerup wrote:i am using oinkoink's TST fork for Pale Moon (0.0.2) and Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.8 as the newest 0.5.0.2 seems to be incompatible with TST. all functions that i use work perfectly, including middle clicking refresh and back/forward. never used tab duplication so i wouldn't know how to test it, but it should be identical to middle clicking refresh unless i'm missing something
0.5.0.2 is the version of TMP I have installed, might try an older version then, see if that gets things to behave (which if it does means it's probably something in TMP at fault, despite it working without TST enabled). Something to look into later though, it's getting late even by my standards. :-P
Thanks for seven years of browsing but too many sites I need don't work in PM these days and while yes fight the good fight against browser monoculture I just don't feel *comfortable* posting on these forums anymore...

vorkot11

Unread post by vorkot11 » 2017-06-12, 15:18

I have the same problem when using Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.3 and Tree Style Tab 0.0.2 for Pale Moon with Pale Moon 27.3.0 (32-bit). None of the means of duplicating tabs (from the tab context menu, Ctrl+Alt+T, middle-click on the Reload button, Ctrl+dragging) work with both of these add-ons enabled. With only one of the two add-ons enabled tab duplication works fine. Is there any way to fix this?

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-12, 23:43

It was suggested a couple of posts up to try an older version of Tab Mix Plus, 0.4.1.8.
You might consider giving that a try.

vorkot11

Unread post by vorkot11 » 2017-06-13, 01:05

I have, but it has a different problem - doesn't allow you to change tab background colours when Tree Style Tab is installed.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-13, 08:51

Both of these extensions formally support Pale Moon and provide developer contact info on their APMO pages. It's the province of the extension developers to sort this out.

Others have already opened an issue on the TST-PM github account. You could add to it - and also point to this thread.
Also, consider posting on the TMP support forum.

vorkot11

Unread post by vorkot11 » 2017-06-13, 15:48

Thank you for the link to Github. A fix has been suggested, it seems to work.
A workaround is to disable the following setting: Tab Mix Plus Options / Events (menu) / New Tabs (tab) / 'Open duplicated tabs next to original' (uncheck)
'Duplicate to new window' also works.

mhubbard

Unread post by mhubbard » 2017-09-22, 11:30

vorkot11 wrote:Thank you for the link to Github. A fix has been suggested, it seems to work.
A workaround is to disable the following setting: Tab Mix Plus Options / Events (menu) / New Tabs (tab) / 'Open duplicated tabs next to original' (uncheck)
'Duplicate to new window' also works.
I found this thread because Ctrl/T to open a new tab had stopped working for me. Changing this Tab Mix Plus option fixed it. Thanks.

bege10

Re: conflicting add-ons! (Tree Style Tabs + Tab Mix Plus)

Unread post by bege10 » 2017-10-28, 18:33

I installed both TST and TMP from the Palemoon extensions page and they are not compatible (cannot open url that is pasted into url-bar, shortcuts don't work any more. This solution solves these problems.
Either this issue can be fixed or it must be posted on both the TST and the TMP download page.
Thank you.