Custom Toolbars Plus rocks!!! But......

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

PCMasterRace

Custom Toolbars Plus rocks!!! But......

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2017-03-25, 14:19

I installed Custom Toolbars Plus (https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... bars-plus/) and it is just what I needed to get my customization on! Wow, it's great! And after the latest update to PaleMoon, a lot of the Java and slowness/crashing issues I was having have dissipated. I DO have one gnawing issue with Custom Toolbars Plus though. I hate having "close tab" X buttons on the tabs, I get going fast with my browsing and often accidentally close a tab. It's very annoying. In Firefox, I have used "No Close Buttons" but unfortunately, that addon does not work with Pale Moon as it is a Jet Pack addon. I found that Pale Moon, unlike FF, still has the browser.tabs.closeButtons switch in the about:config. But with Custom Toolbars Plus enabled, It appears to have no effect. I have CTBP's feature of Slanted Tabs enabled, if I don't use this, then the tabs freak out and start "shaking", it's fucking weird. Anyways, if anyone has some advice on a way to get rid of the Close Tab buttons without getting rid of Custom Toolbars Plus, please give me a shout.
P.S. does anyone know how I could change the colors/themes of the browser and/or Custom Toolbars Plus WITHOUT using the stupid FF Themes? I want to customize my own color scheme, not apply someone else's design.
THANKS!!! :D

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Custom Toolbars Plus rocks!!! But......

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-03-26, 08:15

Having read your post I decided to try this extension. Oh dear! - upon restart the whole browser was flickering and jumping around. I had to start it in safe mode as I couldn't hit any icons!
Pity, as some functions looked interesting.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-03-26, 16:49

You can do most anything with a userChrome.css file. (Search for instructions.) Use DOM Inspector to get the IDs; may need Element Inspector too.

PCMasterRace

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2017-03-30, 02:47

Giraffe wrote:Having read your post I decided to try this extension. Oh dear! - upon restart the whole browser was flickering and jumping around. I had to start it in safe mode as I couldn't hit any icons!
Pity, as some functions looked interesting.
I had the same issues, but most were resolved by simply changing the style of tab to "slanted" in the addon's settings.

PCMasterRace

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2017-03-30, 02:53

OK, I don't know why it didn't work before, but I used the browser.tabs.closeButtons switch in combination with turning off the option "use favicon for tab close" in the CustomToolbarsPlus options, and the close tab buttons are gone now. Yaay! :thumbup:

PCMasterRace

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2017-03-30, 02:57

A tip for customization: create "spacer" toolbars that are blank, except for a "space" or "flexible space" (blank toolbars are hidden by default) above and below the bookmark toolbar. This helps prevent me from accidentally dumping tabs into folders on my bookmark bar when I'm moving a tab's position. It's really awkward when your with someone and open a folder and they end up seeing a NSFW link that's not supposed to be there :|

PCMasterRace

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2017-04-14, 05:42

I have had some CRAZY glitching with Custom Toolbars Plus. When the normal Tab Style is enabled (ie NOT slanted tabs) it seems to have a hard time figuring out what size the tabs should be and the whole tab bar starts glitching out, "shaking" all over the place. Opening a new tab or closing one will make it stop, but open another tab, or close another tab (basically change the amount of tabs being displayed and/or change their position) and it start up again.
The solution seems to be to use "Slanted tabs" but that style of tab tends to shrink down to something unreadable before it starts scrolling them and that is why I moved to FF/PM from Chrome. I absolutely HATE the tiny little "buttons" you get in Chrome when you get a lot of tabs open.
SOLUTION: use this add-don https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/custom-tab-width/ in combination with Custom Toolbars Plus "Slanted Tabs" mode, and set the custom-tab-width to something between 150 and 250 pixels.

srazzano

Unread post by srazzano » 2017-04-24, 09:45

Sorry for the late response. Have been gone a while (no, not in jail) and pretty sure previous Custom Toolbars Plus was out-dated. Uploaded new version, 52.0.3, with added option to remove tab close button, tab close button on left over fav or browser default/TMP setting. Please post if I can be of more assistance.

PCMasterRace

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2017-05-02, 20:37

CTP has been updated! The crazy, janky tabs are fixed now, and there are more customization options! Woohoo!